ashwinmarathe0

fully prepped out K?

I'm a novice in policy debate, and I'm starting to go into Kritiks. 

I was wondering what a fully prepped out K should look like? Should it have extensions with AT: no links, etc. I have a 1NC shell for a cap k that I'm trying to prep out. T

• Upvote 1

I'm a novice in policy debate, and I'm starting to go into Kritiks. 

I was wondering what a fully prepped out K should look like? Should it have extensions with AT: no links, etc. I have a 1NC shell for a cap k that I'm trying to prep out. T

AT:

-cede the political

-no link/link turn

-no impact/impact turn

-DA’s to the alt

-perms

-no alt solvency

-K’s bad theory

That’s all I can think of for now

A fully prepped out K file will have 7 things:

1. the 1NC shell

2. 2NC OV for the K

3. Lots of link evidence (at no link, various link cards)

4. Answers to various 2AC arguments (e.g. cap good, alt fails, etc.)

5. Beefy Permutation answers (AT Perm do both, perm do aff then alt, etc.)

6. 2NC FW (i.e. role of the ballot, epistemology first, etc.)

7. 2NR OV for the K (explaining the K more in depth sorta persuasively)

Edited by vmanAA738
  • Upvote 2

Say the words "fiat is illusory...so the aff doesn't even really do anything" at least 10 times each neg speech, and you're guaranteed to win.

Joke's on you; fiat isn't real, but neither is debate. Your criticism of simulation infinitely regresses until all agency is falsified and the very act of negation is rendered impossible. Thus vote Affirmative on presumption.

• Upvote 5

Joke's on you; fiat isn't real, but neither is debate. Your criticism of simulation infinitely regresses until all agency is falsified and the very act of negation is rendered impossible. Thus vote Affirmative on presumption.

"Presumption flows Baudrillard" - Shrenik Bhansali. so you're donezo kid.

• Upvote 3

"Presumption flows Baudrillard" - Shrenik Bhansali. so you're donezo kid.

Presumption flows Baudrillard, but the only way to vote for Baudrillard is to vote against Baudrillard.

• Upvote 2

Presumption flows Baudrillard, but the only way to vote for Baudrillard is to vote against Baudrillard.

Foolish baby quokka. If the only way to vote for Baudrillard is to vote against him, then voting against him would be voting for him which means you have to vote against the team that is against Baudrillard to not vote for him, and therefore, vote against Baudrillard.

• Upvote 1

Foolish baby quokka. If the only way to vote for Baudrillard is to vote against him, then voting against him would be voting for him which means you have to vote against the team that is against Baudrillard to not vote for him, and therefore, vote against Baudrillard.

1. I looked up what a quokka is and they seem pretty cute so I'm not even insulted.

2. You've overlooked one critical factor. The only way to be "against" Baudrillard is to exist in a state of simultaneous opposition and agreement with Baudrillard, causing the symbolic exchange to collapse as a result of its own internal contradiction. Therefore, you can't not vote for the Affirmative. Otherwise, you'd be voting for the team against Baudrillard which is the opposite of the team that isn't not against opposing Baudrillard.

• Upvote 2

1. I looked up what a quokka is and they seem pretty cute so I'm not even insulted.

2. You've overlooked one critical factor. The only way to be "against" Baudrillard is to exist in a state of simultaneous opposition and agreement with Baudrillard, causing the symbolic exchange to collapse as a result of its own internal contradiction. Therefore, you can't not vote for the Affirmative. Otherwise, you'd be voting for the team against Baudrillard which is the opposite of the team that isn't not against opposing Baudrillard.

I believe we've been told to C E A S E, but I enjoyed this very much. Bless up.

• Upvote 1

I believe we've been told to C E A S E, but I enjoyed this very much. Bless up.

Aye. C E A S E has gone into effect. And, likewise. Bless up to you too.

I mean do what you want I was just trying to be a meme and got scared with really meta-ish talk, it's something my second year mind can't handle, ask Patrick and he'll confirm.

I really need to read baudrillard, any suggestions for me to start with?

Edited by TheTrashDebater

I mean do what you want I was just trying to be a meme and got scared with really meta-ish talk, it's something my second year mind can't handle, ask Patrick and he'll confirm.

Confirmed. I started reading Sim and Sim in the hotel room at Reagan. Holden had nightmares.

I really need to read baudrillard, any suggestions for me to start with?

1 - No you don't

2 - Pretty sure asking for help on how to read Baudrillard is a link into Baudrillard

• Upvote 1

Just to make sure this ceases forever. There's a whole section for the "vote neg to vote aff thing."

Why am I reading this. Also throw back to Reagan where we watched trippy adult swim

Why am I reading this. Also throw back to Reagan where we watched trippy adult swim

wtf holden go to bed.

and don't steal my files not cool man smh

I'm like still trying to find that second one we watched with Ryan that was so serene like I'm craving that peace again

• Upvote 1