chsdebater5

Dedev as a Net Benefit

I love DeDev. But, Explain how it would work in terms of mutally exclusive or even competitive. or how it would be a NB?

I had this discussion the other night with some friends.

I think yes, impact turns are net benefits to CPs. It solves the aff advantages, other than those that you turn and say are bad. 

In terms of competition, I think you can get out of almost any perm with "perm links to the impact turns". Just make sure that the text of the CP wouldn't shield the link to the impact turns, ie, if the CP were "The USfg should burn all of its money and tank the economy", then the perm would pretty clearly solve dedev because the UQ would outweigh the aff link in the world of the perm.

However, given that you just want deseg as a CP, I don't see an issue.

• Upvote 3

doesn't deseg eventually help the economy tho?

Yeah i feel like it would be really easy to read a card in the 1AR saying deseg boosts student achievement which helps the econ. I don't think deseg is a strong CP to use Dedev with. 

lol if they read "deseg solves econ" concede that, don't extend dedev, and you have a CP that they say solves the aff. Go for that and a disad.

• Upvote 3

lol if they read "deseg solves econ" concede that, don't extend dedev, and you have a CP that they say solves the aff. Go for that and a disad.

this implies that the cp doesnt also link to the disad

• Upvote 3