texasdebater

Texas Teams After U.T.

Private schools can't do UIL.

And I think Hendrickson GS is def a team to watch. Same with Woodlands MR.

huh, idk that.  Also I thought st mark's was a magnet school since it's st mark's school OF TEXAS.

why don't they do ToC or nsda?

huh, idk that.  Also I thought st mark's was a magnet school since it's st mark's school OF TEXAS.

why don't they do ToC or nsda?

yes its st marks school of texas because its in texas

don't go to toc bc its trash (in the school's opinion)

who goes to the nsda

i like how you put a Wilson as his own team

I would add to that list greenhill AK, westside np, Reagan sv??,

everybody knows Wilson gets hard carried by Ratakonda or whoever he's with - wilson his own team cuz he aways has to be samir to go with him to tournaments

Why is Steele Musgrove judging octas at state though.

He’s judged me quite a few times. He always seems to be a good judge in my opinion. His decisions are fair a lot of the time so I don’t see a problem with that

yes its st marks school of texas because its in texas

don't go to toc bc its trash (in the school's opinion)

who goes to the nsda

why do they think the toc is trash?

why do they think the toc is trash?

In Mr. Mahoney's eyes, the tournament is badly run with prelim rounds often starting very late at night and most rounds become a question of which team can break the most new stuff with Neg teams resorting to 9-off strats to see what sticks instead of a well-researched strategy. New Affs are generally good for innovation but if you compare stats from the ToC to regular Nat Circuit tournaments, the number sky rockets despite a poll by the 3NR that disproved the myth that New Affs won more rounds than Old Affs did.

I’d say that the top teams in a Texas are Lindale DW, Greenhill EG, Greenhill AK/KW, LASA AV, Westwood GN, Katy Taylor BK, Harris Wilson and whoever he partners with, and Westwood CS. And while Lindale is definitely extremely good, they have some weaknesses like being worse on the negative even though Anthony is super good. They dropped a ballot to us (a freshman-freshman team) in Octos of Houston when they were on the negative, but most of the other teams I’ve only hit once and I don’t have any in depth knowledge of them.

Edited by Austinkiihnl

In Mr. Mahoney's eyes, the tournament is badly run with prelim rounds often starting very late at night and most rounds become a question of which team can break the most new stuff with Neg teams resorting to 9-off strats to see what sticks instead of a well-researched strategy. New Affs are generally good for innovation but if you compare stats from the ToC to regular Nat Circuit tournaments, the number sky rockets despite a poll by the 3NR that disproved the myth that New Affs won more rounds than Old Affs did.

Lol 9 off.  It's hard to have a well-researched strategy if the aff is new ...

The schedule says prelims begin in the morning; how do they delay a tournament over 12 hours?  http://tabroom-files.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/tourns/5441/postings/9975/2017TOCEventSchedules.docx

I heard EG doesnt read anything less than 8 off against policy affs

And? 

Its clearly been working for them - 2nd most bids to the TOC in the nation after all.

Lol 9 off.  It's hard to have a well-researched strategy if the aff is new ...

The schedule says prelims begin in the morning; how do they delay a tournament over 12 hours?  http://tabroom-files.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/tourns/5441/postings/9975/2017TOCEventSchedules.docx

u should ask mahoney - he wud probably tell u

I’d say that the top teams in a Texas are Lindale DW, Greenhill EG, Greenhill AK/KW, LASA AV, Westwood GN, Katy Taylor BK, Harris Wilson and whoever he partners with, and Westwood CS. And while Lindale is definitely extremely good, they have some weaknesses like being worse on the negative even though Anthony is super good. They dropped a ballot to us (a freshman-freshman team) in Octos of Houston when they were on the negative, but most of the other teams I’ve only hit once and I don’t have any in depth knowledge of them.

LmAo. You did steal a ballot on Condo.  

Because people lose ballots all the time. Obviously comes down to judging quality, arg preference, etc. 

Lindale also won FloMo and Houston. So like, dropping a ballot or not lol, they got the W.