B3njaminX

Judge Theory

My partner and I have ran into a few judges that aren't fans of our argument, and give us lower speaker points and even vote against us even though we have arguments much stronger than them, so we're looking for a little bit of judge theory to have, if you guys would be so kind.

that's what i'm wondering

What? What is the argument that the judges don't like? Is just some K's and your circuit is traditional or something?

it's more critical shit, like our aff is repirations and they usually don't like that, so we don't have much offense on case 

Judge preps check and you should be able to have different versions of the aff to suit different judges (Judge adaptation)

least helpful advice ever, thanks for the fyi, not everyone has prefs locally or judges that are willing to listen to any version of their argument 

it's more critical shit, like our aff is repirations and they usually don't like that, so we don't have much offense on case 

I think you should just try explaining your aff in a manner that would be amicable to them; if you're running into trouble debating disads I would suggest reading cards about prioritizing low magnitude/high probability impacts. 

I think you misunderstood what I said. I was writing in the context of national tourneys. When I was saying different versions that goes 2 ways: 1. different advantages and processes while keeping the thesis the same (a structural violence aff and an extinction aff for instance) 2. Completely different affirmative to ensure you can get any judge to vote for you (Example: having a Baudrillard aff and a policy aff that you can go for).

I'm typing this while waiting for an rfd so I apologize if this seems rushed