Nonegfiat

Worst argument in debate

what comes to mind when yall hear "worst argument in debate?"

not including things like racism good because that's obv not an argument

I for one really hate death good. I think it's violent but people seem to get away with it

• Upvote 1

Constitutionality is a d-rule.

"Kant's ideas should control the understanding of the Constitution, most particularly the commands of due process of law, as Part IV explains. Although never explicitly cited as authority, Kant's dignity principle informs modern due process jurisprudence, which is sensible because the Constitution was drafted to enforce the moral quest commemorated in the Declaration. The comfortable application of Kantian ethics to constitutional due process demonstrates that, in the singular sense described above, the Constitution should be, must be and is a suicide pact."

• Upvote 1

Someone ran something against me once called the Save the Whales argument. Basically, you are being evil for helping people because you are viewing them as helpless thus like the whales.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Someone ran something against me once called the Save the Whales argument. Basically, you are being evil for helping people because you are viewing them as helpless thus like the whales.

White savorism 

Edited by B3njaminX
  • Downvote 1

your explanation of the argument is a gross simplification into a straw man logical fallacy. this is actually a very common argument supported by many critics, i.e. bauman, baudrillard, lacan, and other postmodern theorists. whomever you hit must have not been well-read
  • Upvote 1

your explanation of the argument is a gross simplification into a straw man logical fallacy. this is actually a very common argument supported by many critics, i.e. bauman, baudrillard, lacan, and other postmodern theorists. whomever you hit must have not been well-read

Sorry about my simplification- I just tried to explain how I understood it from my opponent

T - Substantial

With the interpretation being that the aff must increase by x percent

I mean, I don't know. If the Aff specified they give a $1,000 grant to STEM, I might try T Substantial.

I want to see somebody read Wipeout with an insect suffering impact.

bet. i’ll make sure to have a performance too. my partner and i will recreate the sufferring the insects undergo. it’ll be an automatic neg ballot, because they’ll concede the performance and then there will be bataille surrealism in the 2nc

bet. i’ll make sure to have a performance too. my partner and i will recreate the sufferring the insects undergo. it’ll be an automatic neg ballot, because they’ll concede the performance and then there will be bataille surrealism in the 2nc

That reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it

• Upvote 3

I mean, I don't know. If the Aff specified they give a $1,000 grant to STEM, I might try T Substantial.

In that case I feel like the interp wouldn't be a percentage. Regardless of what one considers substantial, we can probably all agree that a thousand dollars to fund a program that cost millions or even billions isnt "a large amount". My problem comes when teams run T - Substantial with interps that are taken waaaaaay out of context(a one about substantial must be 20% in relation to apartment tenants comes to mind). Also how do you prove that the aff is increasing by a percent? Is funding STEM by a billion dollars 20 percent or 99%? Its just a argument that teams waste time on, never go for, and I feel devalues the educational side of debate as we all wasted time on a pointless argument. 

Edit: I hate T - Increase - Pre-existence for the same reason. Even if I am creating a new program, I still have to find lit as to how said program solves my harms or creates my advantages, thus lit probably exists as to why that program doesn't work

Edited by DogeDuck

In that case I feel like the interp wouldn't be a percentage. Regardless of what one considers substantial, we can probably all agree that a thousand dollars to fund a program that cost millions or even billions isnt "a large amount". My problem comes when teams run T - Substantial with interps that are taken waaaaaay out of context(a one about substantial must be 20% in relation to apartment tenants comes to mind). Also how do you prove that the aff is increasing by a percent? Is funding STEM by a billion dollars 20 percent or 99%? Its just a argument that teams waste time on, never go for, and I feel devalues the educational side of debate as we all wasted time on a pointless argument. 

Edit: I hate T - Increase - Pre-existence for the same reason. Even if I am creating a new program, I still have to find lit as to how said program solves my harms or creates my advantages, thus lit probably exists as to why that program doesn't work

i've started reading t - substantial is of sizeable quantity against small affs, or something similar. picked up going for it in a lay round vs the natives aff