TheEliteViking

Politics DA: Scenarios (Gun control?)

Ok guys, even though I am a PFer, I really want to write a politics disad for the November topic on universal background checks and gun control. But I really don't know what type of DA to run, should I run Agenda DA, Elections DA (with midterms coming up) or PC? Secondly, does anyone know any legislation (it would be cool if it was centered around gun control, like the NRA bump stock legislation) or key midterm races to center my disad around? I know that the Democrats only need 3 seats for Senate takeover, but which races will be key to decide this? Thanks guys in advance for the help!

Don't do PF. As for help on the politics DA, I think a midterms DA would be good, but I'm not sure what specifically you should center it around

Don't do PF. As for help on the politics DA, I think a midterms DA would be good, but I'm not sure what specifically you should center it around

lmao bud, the only option of debate for me at my school is either PF or Congress. Our coach is really lay and she doesn't like policy or LD, so I have to make do with what I have. For the longest time though, after I learned about policy debate and LD, I really wanted to do it, but first, no one at my school is willing to do it, and two, my coach probably won't let me. It is ok though, I like PF and debate a lot in general anyways.

lmao bud, the only option of debate for me at my school is either PF or Congress. Our coach is really lay and she doesn't like policy or LD, so I have to make do with what I have. For the longest time though, after I learned about policy debate and LD, I really wanted to do it, but first, no one at my school is willing to do it, and two, my coach probably won't let me. It is ok though, I like PF and debate a lot in general anyways.

That's pretty awful
  • Upvote 1

Back in the olden days i ran a politics disad in public forum. It was on the free community college topic, and we read evidence saying if free community college got passed, the gop would gut pell grants as kinda like a poison pill. It worked and won every time we ran it, but the trick is to make the internal link story as short and tight as possible. PF judges arent gonna buy the whole "trump pc high now, plan decks pc, pc key to x, x key to y, y key to z" story. It just doesnt make sense on face, and it only works in policy because the norm is tech over truth, also because aff teamd assume the burden of immediate implementation of a specific policy, whereas pf is cast more as like "is the resolution a good idea in general", which means politics isnt necessarily a relevant question in the minds of a lot of PF people

• Upvote 3

Back in the olden days i ran a politics disad in public forum. It was on the free community college topic, and we read evidence saying if free community college got passed, the gop would gut pell grants as kinda like a poison pill. It worked and won every time we ran it, but the trick is to make the internal link story as short and tight as possible. PF judges arent gonna buy the whole "trump pc high now, plan decks pc, pc key to x, x key to y, y key to z" story. It just doesnt make sense on face, and it only works in policy because the norm is tech over truth, also because aff teamd assume the burden of immediate implementation of a specific policy, whereas pf is cast more as like "is the resolution a good idea in general", which means politics isnt necessarily a relevant question in the minds of a lot of PF people

thanks for the help!