jshepard

The NEW Random Quote Thread

3/10

"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all. "

-Oscar Wilde

8/10

" *

o

* It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I also cannot imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere.... Science has been charged with undermining morality, but the charge is unjust. A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."

-Albert Einstein

7/10.175

(even though mildly sexist, didn't want to misquote)

A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral. -- Leo Tolstoy

"Whenever I don’t feel so well, I always try remind myself of the Siamese twin whose brother is gay...whose boyfriend is coming over...and they share the same asshole." -Jay Mohr, supposedly quoting Buddy Hackett