PcsJoslinJJ

STEM AFFS

<script> </script> Hey, so i was looking at the Dartmouth STEM AFF and im kinda confessed as to why the plan text specifies that ESSA should fully fund title II and IV? the solvency cards are kinda no the best so why specify 

The United States federal government should fully fund grants for primary and secondary STEM education, including an emphasis on climate change and evolution, authorized by Title II and Title IV of the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015.  

Seems to come from this part of their Plank 17 card under solvency:

I am concerned, and I know many of you have heard from your constituents, that diminished funding for the Title IVA SSAE grant would force many school districts to choose between badly needed programs that can positively impact students. Tough funding decisions must be made in this budget, but under funding ESSA Title IVA is in direct opposition to Congress's intent to provide greater flexibility for districts and schools. In addition to supporting Title IV, the committee should also consider the highest possible level of funding for ESSA Title II Supporting Effective Instruction State grants. This program provides support for teacher quality improvement initiatives, including professional development and teacher leadership, and provides states with flexibility in addressing STEM-specific challenges in this area. 

Mainly, because of plank and its a direct solvency card. That and It avoids States CP copying the plan text word for word. States cannot fund ESSA because it is a federal law, they can choose where funding from the USFG goes, but cannot fund the program itself.