mutd

Secularism K

The basic thesis is that, in the context of education, the separation of church and state is bad. Education should not be divorced from religion, because metaphysical truth is important.

Honestly this K should be the least of your concerns. If you're considering running it, just focus on the metaphysics/Western epistemology stuff and not as much on the God stuff.

My lab at UTNIF discussed some funny ways of beating the argument including God paradoxes in CX - if God is all powerful, can He create a boulder so heavy He cannot lift it?

Edited by TheSnowball
  • Upvote 1

The basic thesis is that, in the context of education, the separation of church and state is bad. Education should not be divorced from religion, because metaphysical truth is important.

Honestly this K should be the least of your concerns. If you're considering running it, just focus on the metaphysics/Western epistemology stuff and not as much on the God stuff.

My lab at UTNIF discussed some funny ways of beating the argument including God paradoxes in CX - if God is all powerful, can He create a boulder so heavy He cannot lift it?

What exactly does the boulder thing prove?

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy Andrew Bellah is my meme and he wrote this K hold up he sent me his block for it I think. 

But yeah Snobaul summed it up pretty well. The god paradox thing just like proves your arg is logically non-cohesive and paradoxical, and so cant be true. It's just like a K of the ethical underpinnings of the 1AC as I understand it.

I'm actually using this to write a legit Consult Jesus CP but as a floating PIK. no lie. WIll post here when done.

What exactly does the boulder thing prove?

Either He wasn't powerful enough to create an unliftable boulder or He wasn't powerful enough to lift it.

One of many dumb paradoxes built to disprove that there is a God. Honestly, better to look to the Aff answers section.

You were at UTNIF too? In the sec k lab? That's wild!! My roommate Aaron was in your lab, who were you?

You were at UTNIF too? In the sec k lab? That's wild!! My roommate Aaron was in your lab, who were you?

I was actually in the privatization CP lab, I just heard some things about the secularism K.

I'm Ryan Snow or Snowball.

I was actually in the privatization CP lab, I just heard some things about the secularism K.

I'm Ryan Snow or Snowball.

Small world haha. I was in AP Test Lab, wbu? I'm surprised I didn't recognize your name on any of the lists at UTNIF because as creepy as it sounds I'm certainly familiar with it now that you're one of the most prolific posters here.

Small world haha. I was in AP Test Lab, wbu? I'm surprised I didn't recognize your name on any of the lists at UTNIF because as creepy as it sounds I'm certainly familiar with it now that you're one of the most prolific posters here.

I was a summer survivor. I saw your name at some point and thought "I swear I've heard that name before... oh well."

is that an aff? if so, could you pm it to me it seems interesting

But yeah Snobaul summed it up pretty well. The god paradox thing just like proves your arg is logically non-cohesive and paradoxical, and so cant be true. It's just like a K of the ethical underpinnings of the 1AC as I understand it.

Couldn't whoever is running the secularism K just say that it doesn't matter if god is real or not? All that matters is that the church and education is inserparable

Couldn't whoever is running the secularism K just say that it doesn't matter if god is real or not? All that matters is that the church and education is inserparable

That's the best way to argue it - that education must be combined with a metaphysical relationship to a higher power - it just loses to the permutation in my opinion.

That's the best way to argue it - that education must be combined with a metaphysical relationship to a higher power - it just loses to the permutation in my opinion.

Isn't like all of the evidence saying that the perm fails?

Isn't like all of the evidence saying that the perm fails?

The argument against the perm would be that objective morality is good, and I disagree with objective morality even more than I do with Negative fiat.

The argument against the perm would be that objective morality is good, and I disagree with objective morality even more than I do with Negative fiat.

Thats one way to put it

That's gonna be my new signature

AYYYYYYYYYYYYY AJ goes to my school. I'm comrade squid-hat.

ahahaha that's fantastic. tell him his CoD skills need sum fuckin work. also tell him his kritik is literally garbage. also tell sara i said hi and she's till cool as fuck. are you on varsity?