hi everyone :)

who are your bets to do really well this year? normally things like the Greenhill RR indicate this, but idk who has been invited to that so far. who do you all think can win the TOC? I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts!

Peninsula JK
MBA GH
MBA BJ
Brophy GS
Monta Vista PS
Cypress Bay KK
Iowa City West KT
Bellarmine JT
Niles West (not sure of the exact partnerships, but one of their debaters won the UMich camp tournament)

Blue Valley Southwest KL

Edited by outlier
  • Upvote 1

not sure why these haven't been mentioned yet, but college prep mundana-cho should be near the top of any list - both went to the TOC, and maya made it to octas w/ victor last year! also, harris wilson + (random partner of the day) will be awesome

Some other teams I can see being successful this year (based on previous trends and/or assumed improvement, also in no particular order) -

Westwood GN, Camas LL, Brophy GS, Berkeley Prep MY, Nevada Union AM, CK McClatchy LP, Polytechnic WH, and definitely College Prep (idk they're always switching around partnerships).

Peninsula JK

MBA GH

MBA BJ

Brophy GS

Monta Vista PS

Cypress Bay KK

Iowa City West KT

Bellarmine JT

Niles West (not sure of the exact partnerships, but one of their debaters won the UMich camp tournament)

Blue Valley Southwest KL

Who's this? I didn't even know Monta Vista did policy debate lmao

College Prep is being coached by Michael Obuchi AND Michael Wimsatt so yeah Im pretty sure allie cho and maya mundada are going to be beasts along with college preps other teams

Robert McQueen RR from cndi whooped everybody and got invited to the Greenhill RR, they have a good chance of going to the TOC plus I know they are signed up for almost every national circuit tournament.

• Upvote 1

Some other teams I can see being successful this year (based on previous trends and/or assumed improvement, also in no particular order) -

Westwood GN, Camas LL, Brophy GS, Berkeley Prep MY, Nevada Union AM, CK McClatchy LP, Polytechnic WH, and definitely College Prep (idk they're always switching around partnerships).

berkeley prep WHO??? i heard they suck

• Upvote 2