NickDB8

What won camp tournaments?

What affs made it to out-rounds at camp tournaments? What affs won in finals? What affs did well but lost? What did they lose to?

mich was a soft left aff about racism, maybe deseg, not sure could've been title 1

it was deseg

• Upvote 2

At CNDI both of the finals rounds for the 7 week lab were the Miliken v Bradley aff - that said, it lost the first time and probably should have lost the second time. Decent desegregation aff though.

• Upvote 2

UTNIF

Session 1

-Skills won by Agamben Affirmative against the Capitalism K

-Showdown won by Agamben Affirmative against Framework

Session 2

-Skills won by Hegemony Bad against Computer Science Affirmative

-Showdown won by Queer Failure K against the Survivors Lab's K Affirmative

• Upvote 8

SDI- Right to Education vs 2NR that was states cp and interest rates da. Aff won but keep in mind the final was an all Woodward final and the A team of woodward was the aff and the B team was negative. 

• Upvote 1

At CNDI both of the finals rounds for the 7 week lab were the Miliken v Bradley aff - that said, it lost the first time and probably should have lost the second time. Decent desegregation aff though.

Also an aff about granting illegal immigrants a right to education based on the 13th amendment and an aff about implementing Universal Design Learning based on a right to education – it was written by Michael Wimsatt

UTNIF

Session 1

-Skills won by Agamben Affirmative against the Capitalism K

-Showdown won by Agamben Affirmative against Framework

Session 2

-Skills won by Hegemony Bad against Computer Science Affirmative

-Showdown won by Queer Failure K against the Survivors Lab's K Affirmative

I told her to go for cap *large sigh*

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I told her to go for cap *large sigh*

You were behind on the permutation friend. The Lewis aff wouldn't have lost to a historical materialism critique. Framework was definitely the correct choice, but the execution was insufficient. I thought I covered that well in my RFD, but I guess not. The thing was, you cannot expect to win FW if you concede that you cannot enforce your model of debate. Don't put this on your partner. You both did well, but strategic mishaps happen. 

• Upvote 3

You were behind on the permutation friend. The Lewis aff wouldn't have lost to a historical materialism critique. Framework was definitely the correct choice, but the execution was insufficient. I thought I covered that well in my RFD, but I guess not. The thing was, you cannot expect to win FW if you concede that you cannot enforce your model of debate. Don't put this on your partner. You both did well, but strategic mishaps happen. 

You're right. If anything I'm to blame, Kansas is super policy and I had never hit a K aff before camp it my first experience running FW so I wasn't very effective at covering it (I've made lots of blocks now). It's one thing I plan on getting better at this year if I go for bids especially.