KushPatel

How to beat a K

I've seen rounds, posts, articles, and lectures about Kritiks and they basically seem invincible at this point. How can you seek to not just answer the K, but really win against one especially when there is such a diverse array of them as well as so much literature covering it while the person running their specific K as such an edge in understanding of it and probably dozens of blocks to the generic answers like framework arguments?

Use your Affirmative. The criticism probably isn't talking about your plan. The permutation solves anything that isn't talking about the plan. The Affirmative is a good idea that should be done and is a net-benefit to the permutation.

• Upvote 3

1. Alt doesn't solve - Most alts don't do anything to solve for your aff, grill them in CX about it 

2. Use your aff as said above - format it like a way to weigh the round like framework

3. Perm

4. Theory - But this is for really specific instances like Floating PIKS and stuff like that

5. No Link/Link turn - always strong against a K, if you win the K doesn't link they can't weigh of their impacts against you

6. Perm!!!!

• Upvote 1

Against every K read a perm, no link/link turn and FW- most K teams will get excited you ran an argument that may not apply then waste a ton of time on something in the block you were never going for. In the 2AR vs systemic K's I usually go for offense, aff OW and alt fails- vote for the team that is most net beneficial to the squo. Vs identify stuff I go for the perm, a link turn and aff OW via timeframe then you just arg (even if they win the K is bad we have the perm and link turn to resolve thier offense but do the aff 1st bc it somehow accesses X impact or makes it worse if our impacts happen.

• Upvote 2

Also the acronym my coach taught me was POSTED

Perm

Offense

Solvency

T (FW)

Epistemology

Defense

When on the aff you go for those args in that order. When you're neg and hitting a K aff, however, the acronym is

T

T
T
T
T
T
T
T

Offense

• Upvote 1