NickDB8

November Wilderson AMA Copy

I went back to cut the Wilderson AMA from November, but I noticed many of the comments were missing, and those provide great context for cards. Would anyone be willing to share a copy of the cards they cut from the AMA, or send me a copy of the AMA with those comments still present? Yes, I've tried places like archive.org, they don't appear to have it on file, either.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Wilderson himself said you probably shouldn't cut cards from the AMA...

Edited by aprasad202

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Wilderson himself said you probably shouldn't cut cards from the AMA...

I don't think Wilderson said "don't cut cards from the AMA" rather don't use his responses from Reddit as a primary means of understanding, interpreting, or advocating for his work. If you're going to cut evidence from the AMA, use it only to supplement or approach an existing concept that you have introduced from his primary texts.

EDIT: I found the particular post I'm referring to

[–]kappanokap 2 points

7 months ago  

What do you think about your answers in this AMA being inevitably used and reused as evidence in scholastic debate

[–]wilderson11Dr. Frank Wilderson[S] 6 points

7 months ago  

I would not take the stuff that I am writing at breakneck speed here today as the gospel according to Frank! I would always deal with the texts. My answers are based on my relationship to- and memory of what I have written and what I have read. It's like that comic books series "For Beginners" (like Marx for Beginners or Fanon for Beginners) you want to use these Reddit answers like you would use those books: as a means of approach, but not as a substitute for what's in the primary texts.

Edited by ConsultVerminSupreme
  • Upvote 2