TheTrashDebater

China VDebate- TheTrashDebater(Aff) v. Nonegfiat(Neg)

dont worry, you didnt :)

And, also off the flow, I do apologize if i've taken away your joy by messing up this round

Don't worry, this is pretty interesting and I'm genuinely confused on how to precede with the 1AR, this is actually really fun and gives me immersion of new debate strategies. So you haven't taken away my joy I was just asking that to see if I could make an argument out of it.

• Upvote 1

1AR v. Nonegfiat.docxAlright 1AR, order is theory (there are headings to what theory I'm addressing within it), Plague Reps, Cap, Presumption, Topicality, Human Rights PIC, Case, The Radiohead lyrics, Framework, the Bataille K, and then a performance. I'm like 47 over, neg can reciprocate in the 2NR.

Edited by TheTrashDebater
  • Upvote 1

Cool. I have to pack for an early flight tomorrow, so no 2nr tonight, but expect it sometime tomorrow during the day. Ill have plenty of time to write it

Cool. I have to pack for an early flight tomorrow, so no 2nr tonight, but expect it sometime tomorrow during the day. Ill have plenty of time to write it

Alright have a nice time packing and hope you have a nice flight, can't wait for that 2NR!! This has been a very fun and interesting debate and I hope those viewing, judging and debating feel the same. Have a great night!!

• Upvote 2

Alright have a nice time packing and hope you have a nice flight, can't wait for that 2NR!! This has been a very fun and interesting debate and I hope those viewing, judging and debating feel the same. Have a great night!!

You too! Thanks for this round! It's been a lot of fun!

• Upvote 2

1AR v. Nonegfiat.docxAlright, got the 1AR under the word count. Bohemian Rhapsody was changed to The Chain by Fleetwood Mac, enjoy!!

Bohemian Rhapsody was 376 words long and The Chain is 212 words long.

I'm just throwing this out there, but you both have very good taste in music.

Thanks, I try to remain back in the 70s/80s rock era but I like some songs outside of my bubble.

It's barely been 12 hours and Nonegfiat had to catch a flight, give em some time.

Yeah so basically I just got off my flight. I thought i would have a layover today and i was gonna use that to finish the 2nr but i was wrong--thats actually on the return trip.

Im gonna be out doing stuff with my family throughout the day so the 2nr will be a bit. But its a safe bet I'll have it up by tonight

I knew as soon as i saw the song lyrics it was gonna be some bataille shit

It was quite the strategy I must say! I was in shock after the 2NC was posted, but it has lead to quite an exciting debate if I must say and I have quite enjoyed the opportunity to debate Nonegfiat. This will definitely be something I might run as a strategy and at the same time look out for in the future!!

Alright here's the 2NR. I'm gonna do a decent-sized overview on the K, then go on the K proper, then answer the theory args, then i address the 1AR performance at the end

2NR vs TheTrashDebater.docx

the word count is 1624

thanks to Holden for this round. it's been a lot of fun debating with you, and your kindness and sportsmanship has gone a long way towards making this round enjoyable. I hope it's been fun for you too!

• Upvote 1

It's barely been 12 hours and Nonegfiat had to catch a flight, give em some time.

Sorry I was just excited for the 2nr, I didn't mean to rush him

2AR v. Nonegfiat.docx Word count is 1486. This has been an amazing debate, thank you Nonegfiat for this really enjoyable, fun, and high-theory round that I will surely never forget, I probably lost but that's ok because I learned a lot from it, and I just want to say that you are an incredibly gifted debater and I know you have greatness in store for your future in policy. Thank you again for a really good round and thank you judges for judging and putting up with me. Order is case, PIC, T, vagueness, the 1NC K's, presumption, role of the ballot, theory, the 1AR performance, framework for the Bataille K, the Bataille K, an impact calc, an overview, and an ending quote.

• Upvote 1

I can, just give me a bit to flow the round. Edit: I will also say, preliminarily, that I'm SUPER surprised this debate didn't boil down to vagueness

Edited by PailAmbrose

Thank you for judging, I definitely could've done some different things. I appreciate your feedback. Besides T what did you think of my responses in the 2AC?

I actually liked the 2AC responses quite a bit, although I don't think you needed PICs bad. I think the aff was ahead on everything but vagueness