Hello all, 

I have tabulated the results that I've gotten from round 2. I am still waiting on two debates. One of the debates is just an RFD, which I'm not worried about. However, does anyone know if Preeves22 and Ydavid started their round? I can't find their debate anywhere. 

However, does anyone know if Preeves22 and Ydavid started their round? I can't find their debate anywhere. 

Neither of those debaters have logged into Cross-X in about two weeks, and no thread was started. How would a double no-show be tabulated?

Neither of those debaters have logged into Cross-X in about two weeks, and no thread was started. How would a double no-show be tabulated?

I'd default to the affirmative forfeiting, but that wouldn't do any good since it appears neither debater is even active. I feel like there are a lot of forfeits from rounds 1 and 2 which makes it very concerning for rounds 3 and 4. 

Yeah that was the same situation for me, I can fully commit my time to the tournament now that I am on summer break if you'll allow me

Since this has been abandoned, I'm gonna disclose that I voted for the affirmative in the Vdebate I judged, but it was a very reluctant vote. I felt like the negative did the better debating, but the affirmative did a better job solving for ambiguity than the counterplan, and there was a significant risk that the counterplan would fail to solve the case's China war scenario, and I judged those two scenarios to outweigh the ambiguous risk of hegemony failing due to the plan.

• Upvote 2