SpookBuster

ODT Round 1 - SpookBuster [A] vs. TheTrashDebater [N]

Kato

1. Explain your second card on util please (Anomaly).

Just as the tag says, Util is bad

Yeah but can you explain it to me. I assume it has a warrant. What is the warrant for why util is bad?

Derrida

1. Does war exist?

You forgot this 1^

6. How does your alt spill-over?

If your impacts are true then we do nothing. Which helps us understand pain

How does doing nothing change the world at all?

If our impacts are true everyone dies. How can people understand pain after death?

Who has a better understanding of pain?

Probably 1 more set of follow-ups

Yeah I'm really sorry about the over for CX, I'll definitely refrain from that in the future

In general, you're fine. There was no limit on CX questions in the rules, and the number that you asked is actually pretty typical for vdebates. But Kyler is the judge, and for this round, the judge's word goes

Edited by Nonegfiat

Kato

1. Explain your second card on util please (Anomaly).

Just as the tag says, Util is bad

Yeah but can you explain it to me. I assume it has a warrant. What is the warrant for why util is bad?

Because it doesn't use consequentialism

Derrida

1. Does war exist?You forgot this 1^

Yeah sorry I didn't answer this originally, but war has happened as an event, so yes, according to Derrida's logic

6. How does your alt spill-over?

If your impacts are true then we do nothing. Which helps us understand painHow does doing nothing change the world at all?

The point of the Derrida argument is to say that if you're going to use nuclear imagery you might as well just do nothing in the context of the plan

If our impacts are true everyone dies. How can people understand pain after death?

Not everyone dies, they will be able to understand pain the most

Who has a better understanding of pain?

I don't understand your question

Probably 1 more set of follow-ups

In general, you're fine. There was no limit on CX questions in the rules, and the number that you asked is actually pretty typical for vdebates. But Kyler is the judge, and for this round, the judge's word goes

Wait I thought Baudrillardbabe was our judge, I mean if Kyler is that is on just the postings said Baudrillardbabe

Edited by TheTrashDebater

I think (don't quote me on this) that Kyler and Baudrillardbabe are one in the same.

What is word count of rebuttals?

Is it justified for an arbitrarily high amount of people to die to get an understanding of pain?

I think I'm ready for the 1nr after these

I think (don't quote me on this) that Kyler and Baudrillardbabe are one in the same.

This is correct

1625, I believe

Ah if that is true my apologies

I think it is 1,625

Is it justified for an arbitrarily high amount of people to die to get an understanding of pain?

If it helps us understand the pain the natives feel (kind of going back to Kato) from the otherization from nuclear representations, yes it is.

I think I'm ready for the 1nr after these

Alright if that is all I'll have the 1nr up within two hours. It would be up sooner but I'm visiting my grandma and her puppy for a little bit and do not have access to my laptop.

Alright, barely got it in haha 

By my count it's 2750 exactly 

Thanks for your patience 

Right post, wrong thread. :P

Also judge I know that this is a bit late but what are your paradigms? I looked on the judge paradigm thing and you weren't on it.

srry changed my name and didn't see this - baudrillbabe = kylerbuckner lol. 

About half an hour till forfeit, hope you get your speech doc up because this has been a fun round

EDIT: I posted this as 1AR was posted, sorry

Edited by TheTrashDebater

Lol it's fine thanks for the reminder. Is me being 40 over fine with you? Also, is it ok Kyler? I really can cut it down it will just be less convenient for you to read.

Lol it's fine thanks for the reminder. Is me being 40 over fine with you? Also, is it ok Kyler? I really can cut it down it will just be less convenient for you to read.

No I'm completely fine with it, as long as it isn't like 200+ words over I won't complain