kissmyafff

ODT Round 1 vs NoNegFiat

It's attached below. I wrote it pretty quickly but I think it could be pretty helpful. Feel free to ask for any clarification

Thanks so much! This was all pretty helpful!

Just a couple questions--

what would a PIC out of the state looked like for this aff? And what do you mean when you say Bryant would have been solved by it? And what would have been a good way to explain how a PIK out of reps functions?

Edit: Also, can you give an example of a "normativity-type plan PIC" that would have absorbed almost all of the 1AC offense?

Thanks again for writing this all out, and for taking the time to dissect our round!

Edited by Nonegfiat

Thanks so much! This was all pretty helpful!

Just a couple questions--

what would a PIC out of the state looked like for this aff? And what do you mean when you say Bryant would have been solved by it? And what would have been a good way to explain how a PIK out of reps functions?

Edit: Also, can you give an example of a "normativity-type plan PIC" that would have absorbed almost all of the 1AC offense?

Thanks again for writing this all out, and for taking the time to dissect our round!

In response to the last question - I apologize for not being super clear, I felt like the 1AC's offense in a super simplistic way was ending colonialism as per the 1st advantage. This is where "PIC'ing" out of the plan would've been super helpful as colonialism is not something that can simply be fixed via a plan, similar to when a lot of Critical Race Theorists argue that the Civil Rights movement wasn't successful in resolving individual forms of Anti-Black oppression because people viewed political change as an end-all-be-all tactic. This is similar to the Grass-Roots DA a lot of teams like McDonogh have been running against FW. Schlag argues against Normative Legal Thought where legal scholars believe that they can change the law, so like a Schlag 3 Argument room type thing would solve individual notions of Colonialism that could spil-up but starting from the law is bad. Something like "We advocate for the entirety of the 1AC without the plan text" might do the trick but you probably want to ask someone more successful than me for advice. 

When I remarked about Bryant and the K, I was referencing a completely different argument in the opposite direction. An off like "We advocate for the [plan] without their representations of third world suffering" or something would absorb 100% of their Framework. You can't run these two args together, but this would allow you to access their political action args while still avoiding the passive consumption of suffering that Baudrillard criticizes. Against a 2AC you know who loves to go for FW on the K, this is the best arg you could run because it spins the 2AC offense badly out of control

Edited by elmeryang00
  • Upvote 1