Nonegfiat

NDT Finals Ballots

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd share this in case some people haven't seen it. My apologies if someone's already posted about this. 

Three of the five NDT finals ballots are up (Marquis Ard, Jarrod Atchison, Will Morgan). You can find them toward the bottom of this page: https://nationaldebatetournament.org/2017ndt/

Feel free to discuss below. From what I can tell, these judges didn't have the same visceral reaction to the performance that I and many other members of the community here had. Rather, they seem to have evaluated the flow objectively (as judges should), with the consensus generally being that the 2AR didn't get the job done, particularly on the perm debate.

I think all of these RFD's make good sense, even though I've only really skimmed them at this point. I might come back to this with more of my thoughts later.

Edit: I recommend starting with Ard's ballot. It's written very clearly and gets straight to the point.

Edited by Nonegfiat
  • Upvote 4

Thanks, this is great. Ard's ballot in particular is very concise and well-written, and it helped me easily understand the round even though I didn't flow it.

I still think Rutgers should absolutely have lost because of the performance of the 1NC, but these ballots helped me better understand the rationale behind the judges' decisions.

• Downvote 2

Thanks, this is great. Ard's ballot in particular is very concise and well-written, and it helped me easily understand the round even though I didn't flow it.

I still think Rutgers should absolutely have lost because of the performance of the 1NC, but these ballots helped me better understand the rationale behind the judges' decisions.

Why should they have absolutely lost ?