TheSnowball

Daily Card

I don't think this is quite what you're looking for but it might help.

Dang it SnowBall, I was just about to post, btw here is another card that might help. Warning, it's not what you call the "best card"

This is a bit late, but you people are fantastic. Definitely going in one of my 1ac's.

Does anyone have a card talking about how debaters can only change what's happening inside the debate community (e.g. white majority) rather than anything outside debate?

Sorry I've been away for awhile- but I'm back and contributing:

today's update includes two different arguments using the same card- either rollback for LGBT affs or discrimination UQ

6-13-17.docx

6/14/17 - here's a really interesting card - the main claim is to shut down the DoE, but an embedded claim is that it costs more for states to use federal funding than the amount of money they actually receive. Sounds like a good card for a States CP if you ask me, or, a "shut down DoE, have states do the plan" CP so that perms fail? Interesting avenue.

6-14-17.docx

• Upvote 1

6/15/17 - this card is almost an anti-Blackness card, but it might focus on "society good" and "state redeemable" a little too much for that. Anyway, I'm sure someone will find a use for it.

6-15-17.docx

I am still looking for more "education funding solves heg stuff"

6/16/17 - this might help - just, it's specific to hegemony (international influence and power) and says we can't have unipolarity (being the sole hegemon and controlling the majority of global affairs).

6-16-17.docx

6/17/17 - I'm a little late on this one, but here's a card saying DeVos is cutting systematic investigations of civil rights violations in public schools. You know, in case you needed more reasons to hate her.

6-17-17.docx

• Upvote 1

6-18-17 - didn't get around to it yesterday, but here's a capitalism link for increasing education technology. I recommend reading a 1NC link to this kind of Affirmative saying that privatization is bad, and then reading specific links to the ways the Affirmative expands corporate influence.

6-18-17.docx

6/16/17 - this might help - just, it's specific to hegemony (international influence and power) and says we can't have unipolarity (being the sole hegemon and controlling the majority of global affairs).

Thanks for the assistance!

Could we get a card that says STEM education can't solve for global warming or something similar?

Can you name the specific internal link between STEM and global warming? Most Affirmatives would claim something like "STEM is key to green technology, green technology solves warming" or "STEM is key to [science diplomacy, innovation, renewable energy, carbon-capture, etc.], solves warming."

Can you name the specific internal link between STEM and global warming? Most Affirmatives would claim something like "STEM is key to green technology, green technology solves warming" or "STEM is key to [science diplomacy, innovation, renewable energy, carbon-capture, etc.], solves warming."

Green tech. Sorry for not specifying.

Here's one for yesterday saying we'd need to increase the rate of green tech by 10x to solve warming, and one saying that gun violence is the third-leading cause of death for minors in the U.S. - maybe relevant to a gun culture/school shootings Affirmative?

Also, I apparently don't know what "daily" means.

6-20-17.docx

Edited by TheSnowball
  • Upvote 1

Can I get a card that says urbanization will lead to a decrease of ghgs? Make sure its not the Fankhauser and Jotzo 2017 

No Idea but go to Snowball's thread about the evidence from camps, it has all of the ev that has been released except Northwestern, and Michigan which should be released soon as it starts tmrw.

Does anyone have an idea of when Open Evidence will start putting out files??

Not sure but check Snowball's post on camp evidence, he has it all there thats been released.

• Upvote 1

Can I get a card that says urbanization will lead to a decrease of ghgs? Make sure its not the Fankhauser and Jotzo 2017 

6/23/17

6-23-17.docx

Edited by TheSnowball

I came across a newspaper while waiting and found an interesting article if anyone wants to cut it. I would, but I have a wedding speech to finish up so...

The article could relate to a Prison Aff

I attached just a pic of the newspaper, I'm sure you could find the online version.