TheSnowball

Daily Card

Quick question on the card that says Men can't access feminism. Would you have to get a verbal confirmation about pronouns before the round that your opponents are males to run it or what? It seems like walking through a minefield to run that card against Fem and Gender stuff especially since it's typically a bad thing to ask people to "out" themselves in a round.

also even if they say "he/him" that doesn't mean they're cis so I would just stay away from that as a general rule of thumb

• Upvote 2

I want to clarify that I don't agree with the feminism card. I'm a guy who ran Fem IR alongside my female partner. I was just playing devil's advocate.

Edited by TheSnowball
  • Upvote 1

I want to clarify that I don't agree with the feminism card. I'm a guy who has ran Fem IR alongside my female partner. I was just playing devil's advocate.

On that note, I think now is a good time to reiterate this point:

Disclaimer: We do not necessarily advocate any of the arguments that we present in these cards. Please use them (or not) at your own discretion.

• Upvote 1

I am looking for an alt for a Giroux K, do y'all have anything for that, specifically a card by Giroux himself?

There is a card in the file that quotes Giroux extensively and uses his arguments but it's by a Mark Hudson. If you want the original link to the article, here it is https://www.solidarity-us.org/node/1734

This card was provided by I believe vman.

6/7/17 - here's a card that might be useful in politics debates for answering link turns - all the politicians say that they support education reform but when it comes down to it, they don't want to follow through on that. So you can say their link turn is just rhetoric.

6-7-17.docx

6/8/17 - I don't think a lot of people are going to try to advocate for school choice on the Affirmative, but if they do, you can hit'em with the good ol' neolib file.

6-8-17.docx

6/9/17 - here's a card about the nation-state no longer being able to solve warming, indicating that cities must do it.

Things to mind while reading this card:

-don't read it alongside impact defense to warming, because it says warming causes extinction.

-you could read a cities/states advantage CP to warming and couple this with a card I cut a bit ago about the world solving warming without Trump. I can write that CP more formally if people want me to.

-part of the card quotes someone using offensive language. I stated that I don't endorse it in the citation, but be cognizant of that.

6-9-17.docx

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Can anybody find a card about like Congress wanting better relations with refugees with or without Trump

This is a decent article with 12 reasons climate change will cause war. I'm putting the link here so if someone wants to cut it today they can, and if not, I'll cut it tomorrow. https://www.ecowatch.com/climate-change-national-security-2438142951.html

And here's 6/10/17 with that card.

6-10-17.docx

Could someone find a card that includes a questioning of school vouchers as focusing too much on efficiency and productivity at the expense of true student growth/self-realization.

Thanks!

There is a card that very much describes what you're talking about in the file, it's under a Block called Beautiful Risk of Education and Cruelly Optimistic Education

Could someone find a card that includes a questioning of school vouchers as focusing too much on efficiency and productivity at the expense of true student growth/self-realization.[/size]

Thanks![/size]

The cruel optimism stuff isn't voucher-specific. I'll look for something more specific when I get to your request.

Can anybody find a card about like Congress wanting better relations with refugees with or without Trump

Does this have to be specific to Syrian refugees?

Does this have to be specific to Syrian refugees?

It does not, just in general regarding refugees.

This doesnt have to do with the education topic but I need help finding a card for LD nats. Something along the lines of terrorism causes mass hysteria which makes it impossible to enjoy civil liberties. I tried looking through surveillance backfiles and didn't have a lot of luck. Help is much appreciated. 

This doesnt have to do with the education topic but I need help finding a card for LD nats. Something along the lines of terrorism causes mass hysteria which makes it impossible to enjoy civil liberties. I tried looking through surveillance backfiles and didn't have a lot of luck. Help is much appreciated. 

i feel like a better turns case arg is "in the event of a terrorist attack, measures would be taken to curb civil liberties in an attempt to ramp up national security."

• Upvote 1

i feel like a better turns case arg is "in the event of a terrorist attack, measures would be taken to curb civil liberties in an attempt to ramp up national security."

the debate is about what a just govt prioritizes so i feel like saying prioritizing civil liberties means a just govt would change its mind renders debate about prioritization useless.

the debate is about what a just govt prioritizes so i feel like saying prioritizing civil liberties means a just govt would change its mind renders debate about prioritization useless.

I think that "a just govt should prioritize stopping terrorism b/c it destroys civil liberties" is still a better arg, but that's just me.

• Upvote 1

Could someone find a card that includes a questioning of school vouchers as focusing too much on efficiency and productivity at the expense of true student growth/self-realization.

Thanks!

6/12/17

6-12-17.docx

• Upvote 1