TheSnowball

Daily Card

Michigan KM type "Trap of Debate" stuff, but even that just doesn't seem that persuasive.

Could you explain that argument?

Could you explain that argument?

"no system is abolished through liberation, only by pushing it to its own hyper logic, revealing its own fundamental absurdity"

it's just the baudrillard argument about how effective resistance cannot be revolutionary but a form of semiotic insurrection that reappropriates hegemonic mediums instead of using new ones. turning the system on itself from within rather than exterior challenges to the system forces "the system to turn on itself, as a scorpion does when encircled by the challenge of death"

now apply that to debate - if the neg ballot reorients debate away from a productive telos towards unproductivity then it solves

• Upvote 1

This is the closest I could find, which is basically just "agency matters in education."

This is a card to make up for not doing one yesterday, I'll do another later today.

By the way you should look into Richard Elmore for the actor specification stuff. He writes about educational policy implementation, but I couldn't find anything in his work that quite fit what you were looking for.

Thanks for the card and suggestion

Figured I take enough evidence from here, so I should probably give back. Just for fun - Here's a memes key to hegemony card. It is also probably going to be very beneficial to go back and read the original article, there's stuff for CPs, etc in there. :)

5-31-17.docx

Edited by NickDB8

I apologize for wasting the posting space on this thread for something besides cards, but the people on this thread are educated and experienced with this website and the norms. So, I see all these China Online Debates going around and I was wondering how does one join in and when can education Online Debates start occurring because I am interested in debating, but with the education topic. Also, I am not as well... experienced as most of the people on this website so apologies if I seem ignorant in some debate argumentation, literature, and theory. Private messaging in regards to my questions is fine to conserve space on this thread for the magnificent Daily Card by Snowball

I apologize for wasting the posting space on this thread for something besides cards, but the people on this thread are educated and experienced with this website and the norms. So, I see all these China Online Debates going around and I was wondering how does one join in and when can education Online Debates start occurring because I am interested in debating, but with the education topic. Also, I am not as well... experienced as most of the people on this website so apologies if I seem ignorant in some debate argumentation, literature, and theory. Private messaging in regards to my questions is fine to conserve space on this thread for the magnificent Daily Card by Snowball

Threads don't have a post limit, so I'm sure it won't matter too much. The Online Debate Tournament was put together by beck9696 and sponsored by Exodus Files, and functions as a (not so) big tournament at the end of the year - This is the first year we've tried it since it was last done many years ago. We're going into round two, so it's too late to join, but you can debate other members outside of the tournament. Feel free to post in this thread in order to let people know you're up for a debate. You can technically start education debates whenever, but the ODT is using the China topic.

Edited by NickDB8
  • Upvote 1

Figured I take enough evidence from here, so I should probably give back. Just for fun - Here's a memes key to hegemony card. It is also probably going to be very beneficial to go back and read the original article, there's stuff for CPs, etc in there. :)

How unfortunate is it that this card is about meme in the anthropological sense, rather than the Pepe k2 military power sense.

Edited by kylerbuckner

How unfortunate is it that this card is about meme in the anthropological sense, rather than the Pepe k2 military power sense.

Of course, but still, I'm sure you could spin it somehow. At worst, it's a great novelty card.

Yeah I agree, i'd love to see people start education debates, and start to get a feel for what the arguments will be like.

Yeah I agree, i'd love to see people start education debates, and start to get a feel for what the arguments will be like.

Hey, do you want to have one? My school just got out for summer so plenty of free time.

I was just about to post, vman! You stole the thunder! Anyway. Here's a card that's totally not true that's like, museums and libraries are topical. Have fun ruining limits, everyone.

6-1-17 v2.docx

Hey, do you want to have one? My school just got out for summer so plenty of free time.

As much as I in particular want to,  I'm lowkey scared of letting my Aff out for anyone to see. But idk i've been working on a neg strat with evidence from here and other sources that I might want to try out before camp. But after all the camp files or released later is probably the best time to start

Edited by DankCP

There's an all-male team in my circuit who run fem. Can someone get a cards that says it's bad for men to represent women's issues because they don't experience them themselves or something like that?

Here's that for you. I'd just be certain that they are indeed males before running it.

6-3-17.docx

I feel bad for not having contributed something in a while, so here's a quick card about funding being key to competitiveness.

edit: uploaded the wrong version of the card

6-3-17 v2.docx

Edited by DogeDuck
  • Upvote 1

Didn't get around to this yesterday so here's a card to make up for it - world solves warming with or without Trump.

6-4-17.docx

Edited by TheSnowball
  • Upvote 2

Is there anything for something along the lines of "history that we learn is used to increase the oppressive grip of the government on our lives" ?

I cut cards yesterday but my wifi want out. I'll post them when I get home today.

Here are a couple cards I did yesterday looking for somebody's request for a debate bad K.

6-5-17.docx

Is there anything for something along the lines of "history that we learn is used to increase the oppressive grip of the government on our lives" ?

I don't think this is quite what you're looking for but it might help.

6-6-17.docx

• Upvote 1

Dang it SnowBall, I was just about to post, btw here is another card that might help. Warning, it's not what you call the "best card"

6-6-17 v2.docx

• Upvote 1

Quick question on the card that says Men can't access feminism. Would you have to get a verbal confirmation about pronouns before the round that your opponents are males to run it or what? It seems like walking through a minefield to run that card against Fem and Gender stuff especially since it's typically a bad thing to ask people to "out" themselves in a round.

Edited by Trisgav
  • Upvote 2

Quick question on the card that says Men can't access feminism. Would you have to get a verbal confirmation about pronouns before the round that your opponents are males to run it or what? It seems like walking through a minefield to run that card against Fem and Gender stuff especially since it's typically a bad thing to ask people to "out" themselves in a round.

It's basically like walking through a minefield inside a broken glass factory once used as a nuclear testing site on top of a former Native American burial ground.

While on fire.

Edited by CynicClinic
  • Upvote 4