TheSnowball

Daily Card

I just typed up a 2AC frontline to the states CP.

Thank you so much

On that note though, should you read the entirety of this in the 2ac or only parts depending on what the exact 50 States CP is?

also, got some education funding and competitiveness for the day

5-11-7 v2.docx

• Upvote 1

On that note though, should you read the entirety of this in the 2ac or only parts depending on what the exact 50 States CP is

The 2AC is just a template. I would 1) format it to fit your Aff by replacing anything vague/generic with stuff relevant to your Aff and 2) make a couple versions of it - I think there will be variations of the states CP this year like "consult with state governments" or "provide states with block grants" (like my welfare CP was talking about) and 3) make sure it's a good length for your team's 2A.

The 2AC is just a template. I would 1) format it to fit your Aff by replacing anything vague/generic with stuff relevant to your Aff and 2) make a couple versions of it - I think there will be variations of the states CP this year like "consult with state governments" or "provide states with block grants" (like my welfare CP was talking about) and 3) make sure it's a good length for your team's 2A.

So say for a STEM case, would it be a good idea to go with financing turn and states cant solve?

So say for a STEM case, would it be a good idea to go with financing turn and states cant solve?

You should find cards saying the federal government is necessary to solve STEM.

I don't think I recommend the funding turn for that because it's about school budgets rather than STEM specifically.

You should at least make perm-do both if you aren't comfortable with the other perms and theory.

You should find cards saying the federal government is necessary to solve STEM.

I don't think I recommend the funding turn for that because it's about school budgets rather than STEM specifically.

You should at least make perm-do both if you aren't comfortable with the other perms and theory.

I am fine with the theory and the perm, I just prefer solid evidence if it is there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm gonna break my "one block per person per day rule" for the addendum of a "states cp links to politics" card which you can add in a modular fashion to the 2AC.

5-11-17.docx

• Upvote 1

Here is a possible intro to an Aff dealing with cultural issues regarding education or a K.

more evidence- this time with the start of a potentially interesting kritik of traditional learning involving linguistics

Deep philosophical education arguments, huh? Oh yeah!? Well I have... uh... this super boring T shell I just made for school choice Affs! Take that!

5-12-17 v3.docx

• Upvote 1

I love how all three of us literally stayed up past 12 so that we can upload more evidence!

:surf:

Also Snowball, I have a question about the forum, so we are allowed to upload once a day and that could be an entire block as in could the block contain multiple cards like three, four?

• Upvote 1

I love how all three of us literally stayed up past 12 so that we can upload more evidence!

:surf:

Also Snowball, I have a question about the forum, so we are allowed to upload once a day and that could be an entire block as in could the block contain multiple cards like three, four?

Yeah, basically one block. Like, the 2AC to the states CP was lots of stuff. I'm just trying to preserve quality over quantity.

Deep philosophical education arguments, huh? Oh yeah!? Well I have... uh... this super boring T shell I just made for school choice Affs! Take that!

Just added another card to Culture K/Aff Block dealing with Pan-humanism, lol, btw love the T shell. Can somebody explain the states cp links to federal politics card to me its Green 17? I don't understand how it is to be used. Also, can anyone upload a block tomorrow or whenever with some impacts of foreign language instruction, please? 

5-12-17 v4.docx

Just added another card to Culture K/Aff Block dealing with Pan-humanism, lol, btw love the T shell. Can somebody explain the states cp links to federal politics card to me its Green 17? I don't understand how it is to be used. Also, can anyone upload a block tomorrow or whenever with some impacts of foreign language instruction, please?

Honestly I think Green is pretty bad even though I cut it.

Basically 1. state action is the basis for lawsuits that engage the federal government and 2. party opposition that exists in cities/states/etc. has an influence on partisan politics.

So by doing a states cp, the neg is inevitably using the federal govt.?

Not that they're "using" the federal government.

Take education legislation for example. A politics DA might say that "it's unpopular with Congress so passing it causes backlash/fighting." It's more complicated than that. It matters what the public thinks when they call their representatives. It matters what state and city governments think and do about it. When the states take action on their own, Republicans and Democrats in Congress are still going to fight each other over it.

This card isn't that good but I cut it anyway because it sounded cool.

Achievement gaps are the economic equivalent of a permanent recession for the U.S.

5-13-17.docx

Do you like cap k's? Do you run "reject the aff" as an alternative? Do you wish you had something better than that lame, terrible, incredibly basic alternative? Do you want an alternative that could probably answer a permutation by arguing that the permutation is an attempt to smooth over the kritik which represents the emergence of the Real as a disruption to the 1AC? Look no further! It's Zizek!

5-15-17.docx

Advantage CP for American leadership/dominance (not heg)? at least a card to get started

Advantage CP for American leadership/dominance (not heg)? at least a card to get started

If not heg, what kind of leadership?