TheSnowball

Daily Card

I'm still not sure I understand the psychoanalysis argument.

I guess something in the lines of how debate is an agential fantasy and how the ballot doesn't do anything.

I guess something in the lines of how debate is an agential fantasy and how the ballot doesn't do anything.

why not just read Mich's psychoanalysis file? Lundberg 12 sounds like the card you're looking for.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to go ahead and not attempt to cut psychoanalysis because I wouldn't really know what I'm doing but if someone else wants to, go for it.

I am struggling to find anything that links lack of STEM education to loss of US Primacy/Hegemony for some harm cards, can you guys see if you can find anything?

Edited by DogeDuck

I don't have anything at hand, but if you raid the social services camp files or the wiki for that year you should be able to find many cards like that.

I think we should avoid using this thread for card requests in the future, however. Maybe send a PM or start a different thread next time. Not a big deal, just saying.

Edit: I see now that the thread got derailed several posts ago, but the sentiment stands.

Edited by Chaos

I don't have anything at hand, but if you raid the social services camp files or the wiki for that year you should be able to find many cards like that.

I think we should avoid using this thread for card requests in the future, however. Maybe send a PM or start a different thread next time. Not a big deal, just saying.

Edit: I see now that the thread got derailed several posts ago, but the sentiment stands.

Do you have link to those files?

I will fill card requests if they're given here. I just don't know how to cut some of the things that are being asked.

Do you have link to those files?

I had these cites lying around from Kinkaid - I haven't cut them yet, sorry - here you go

And, education is the largest internal link to US hegemony—it’s the bedrock of competitiveness

CLA News 8 [Collins Learning Academy, “Report: Retool Instruction, or U.S. Will Fail,” Sept 10 http://www.collinslearningacademy.com/parents.htm]

Creating a 21st-century education .... the 21st century and forging a viable economic future."

That’ll collapse hegemony

Norris & Swezey, B.S. from Stanford, 11/18/09 [Teryn Norris is a Senior Advisor at the Breakthrough Institute, Public Policy major at Stanford University, and Director of Americans for Energy Leadership. Devon Swezey is Project Director at the Breakthrough Institute and graduated from Stanford University in 2008, “Winning the Clean Energy Race: A New Strategy for American Leadership,” http://itsgettinghotinhere.org/2009/11/18/winning-the-clean-energy-race-a-new-strategy-for-american-leadership/]

You also know times are changing when China, the world’s greatest polluter... The choice should be clear.

CynicClinic is also a main contributor -- he's just sick right now to my understanding.

I have risen! Well, sort of. I got well just in time to get smacked in the face with final exams, but I will be posting cards again intermittently. After next week is over, we should have a return to normalcy.

Edited by CynicClinic

I had these cites lying around from Kinkaid - I haven't cut them yet, sorry - here you go

And, education is the largest internal link to US hegemony—it’s the bedrock of competitiveness

CLA News 8 [Collins Learning Academy, “Report: Retool Instruction, or U.S. Will Fail,” Sept 10 http://www.collinslearningacademy.com/parents.htm]

Creating a 21st-century education .... the 21st century and forging a viable economic future."

That’ll collapse hegemony

Norris & Swezey, B.S. from Stanford, 11/18/09 [Teryn Norris is a Senior Advisor at the Breakthrough Institute, Public Policy major at Stanford University, and Director of Americans for Energy Leadership. Devon Swezey is Project Director at the Breakthrough Institute and graduated from Stanford University in 2008, “Winning the Clean Energy Race: A New Strategy for American Leadership,” http://itsgettinghotinhere.org/2009/11/18/winning-the-clean-energy-race-a-new-strategy-for-american-leadership/]

You also know times are changing when China, the world’s greatest polluter... The choice should be clear.

Beep.

Competitiveness Cards.docx

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I'm going to renege on psychoanalysis, but someone else can cut it if they want to.

Here's "Trump/DeVos education agenda is publicly unpopular."

5-5-17.docx

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5-5-17 While doing research for a STEM case I found links to cyber-security. Useful if you want extinction impacts other then hegemony.

I under-highlight which is also a problem, but I'd suggest highlighting a little less heavily. It would take a long time to get through your cards.

I under-highlight which is also a problem, but I'd suggest highlighting a little less heavily. It would take a long time to get through your cards.

That's always been an issue of mine. Feel free to adjust the highlighting if you need to.

Edited by DogeDuck

That's always been an issue of mine. Feel free to adjust the highlighting if you need to.

What I do sometimes is highlight all the important stuff, then go back with the highlighter set to the de-highlight mode and get rid of redundant warrants or unnecessary words/sentences.

It's pretty outdated, but this can either be a solvency deficit to Affirmatives that frame CO2 at the root cause of global warming or a link to the complexity Kritik if that's your thing.

5/6/17

5-6-17.docx

And for the second card of 5/6/17: a huge STEM education turn- STEM education kills innovation, competitiveness, creativity, intellectual flexibility, causes job loss through computerization, and kills american economy all in 1 card!

5-6-17 v2.docx

• Upvote 1

Can u make a Federalism link?

Yes. I found one talking about why state approaches are better so it sort of has an embedded "turns case" argument which you can leverage if they concede it in the 2AC.

5-9-17.docx

Good idea for a advantage cp for fixing the U.S. economy?

Yeah I cut one which should solve for the economy, poverty, and fiscal federalism. I suggest reading the plan text and the asterisk part and the whole text of the card to make sure you know what this does before running it.

5-10-17.docx

Cards about the Federal Government being key to education for solvency or answering the 50 States CP would be nice.

I just typed up a 2AC frontline to the states CP.

5-11-17.docx

• Upvote 1