TheSnowball

Daily Card

I️ think that ur right, but what I️ meant was that is there a card that’s a Da saying that considering debate as a game is bad

hold up i have this actually

• Upvote 1

hold up i have this actually

David A. Frank, s Professor of Rhetoric, University of Oregon, “The Pedagogy and Politics of Solipsism”, CAD, https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/1794/5302/Solipism.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y 

I do not question Snider’s intentions...was receptive to my arguments. 

• Upvote 1

in need of a link card saying that fed gov action in education flips democratic strategy for midterm elections or says that dems are orienting their campaign around failed devos education policies; our current link card mentions an instance of vouchers and is a bit risky. thanks!

Edited by riiuy

Courts can do education regulation (not another Orbach card)? It's to answer T-Courts...

Thanks in advanced

Hmm... here's something I found. I think it's saying that courts play a role in the regulatory process, but not really that they can independently regulate. I think that if you're going for like, overturning a court ruling as the plan, you're going to need to defend the interpretation that regulation is just the control of education, it's not a reference to regulatory agencies.

I also attached some permutation cards going in both directions from a counterplan that was produced at UTNIF about this distinction. All or most of these were cut by Michael Antonucci, not by me.

1-9-17.docx

Regulation.docx

• Upvote 1

Can we get a card thats a response to cruel optimism?

This is specific to cruel optimism in the educational sense--like, teaching students so that they can be productive members of a risk-filled economic system welcome to the learning society but it should also be useful against K's like neoliberalism or "de-schooling."

1-10-18.docx

• Upvote 1

Hey so I need a pretty specific card.  I have looked for a while for a fed key warrant to my plan (making it a requirement that general/special education teachers are dual certified in the other subject, and increasing base teacher funding by 5%) but I cannot find one.  It would be a big help if anyone could.  Thanks!

Anybody have Eugenics are racist?

Eugenics are racist.

Snow 18 (Ryan, Debater, "You Don't Need a Card for That and If You Do It Might Not Be Hard To Find/Cut, Like, I'll Look, But Just Sayin'," 1-12-18, Snowball Publishing, DOA: 1-12-18) //Snowball

Wow, now that I think about it, eugenics could be pretty racist.

• Upvote 2

Hey so I need a pretty specific card.  I have looked for a while for a fed key warrant to my plan (making it a requirement that general/special education teachers are dual certified in the other subject, and increasing base teacher funding by 5%) but I cannot find one.  It would be a big help if anyone could.  Thanks!

My advice would be to brainstorm why your aff in particular can only be done by the USFG, and then find a card based on that warrant. My experience with federal key warrants is it's a great idea to have an idea of why your aff can't be solved by the states. I.E. when people make an aff, they specifically identify the supreme Court as their agent, so they can get out of states cp. Good luck to you on finding it!

• Upvote 1

in need of a link card saying that fed gov action in education flips democratic strategy for midterm elections or says that dems are orienting their campaign around failed devos education policies; our current link card mentions an instance of vouchers and is a bit risky. thanks!

What's the context of this disadvantage? Like, democrats win now because they can say status quo school choice movement is flawed, the plan takes away their scapegoat, loses them Congress?

What's the context of this disadvantage? Like, democrats win now because they can say status quo school choice movement is flawed, the plan takes away their scapegoat, loses them Congress?

democrats are orienting their campaign around failed republican education policy, so when gov passes popular plan like aff it upsets democratic midterms strategy and makes republicans win seats instead of democrats, which triggers internal link, etc. if you need more of an explanation i can go more in depth, its pretty much just a standard midterms disad saying democrat majority key to impeach trump

basically the link card im looking for would just a general card, our current link card mentions failed vouchers policies, specifically vouchers, so the link threshold is low for any aff that isn't vouchers. 

Courts don't link to the politics DA (Courts avoid political fallout)? Like an updated Whittington 5 card? 

Thanks!

edit: already found the card

Edited by HEYEYEYEYEYEY
  • Upvote 1

Courts don't link to the politics DA (Courts avoid political fallout)? Like an updated Whittington 5 card? 

Thanks!

edit: already found the card

can i get that card too?

• Upvote 1