TheSnowball

Daily Card

Hey man anything saying or relating to Performance/ Untopical debate good would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all you do, yo da real MVP

Hey man anything saying or relating to Performance/ Untopical debate good would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all you do, yo da real MVP

Do you mean cut something from somebody within the debate community talking about the merits of non-traditional debate?

Could you do cap k link to postfuturism

Can you be more specific about what it is you're criticizing? Wikipedia tells me post-futurism is "a term coined by Vivian Sobchack to describe certain science fiction films of the late 1970s and early 1980s, a genre of science fiction, an artistic movement, and an architectural movement." I'm not really sure where to go with that.

Can you be more specific about what it is you're criticizing? Wikipedia tells me post-futurism is "a term coined by Vivian Sobchack to describe certain science fiction films of the late 1970s and early 1980s, a genre of science fiction, an artistic movement, and an architectural movement." I'm not really sure where to go with that.

By post futurism I am referring specifically to the works of Bifo and such who say that the future has ended and we live in semiocap machine. So it basically a cap k link to a semiocap k aff. It's a poetics aff.

This is the best I could find on that. Is it the requirement that you're worried about or the actual extent to which they're taught?

Both, but pref the requirement since my aff is making a requirement.  IK its a basic card but I looked forever and couldn't find it so thanks.

Both, but pref the requirement since my aff is making a requirement.  IK its a basic card but I looked forever and couldn't find it so thanks.

NVM I found a card sort of for the requirement, at least a card that lists SPED certification as a different certification and so I can tag it as a different certification reasonably

By post futurism I am referring specifically to the works of Bifo and such who say that the future has ended and we live in semiocap machine. So it basically a cap k link to a semiocap k aff. It's a poetics aff.

030fGKB.jpg

• Upvote 1

If you really want some fire link evidence (these are aight it's just what I had on me at a moments notice), Benjamin Noys put out a book in 2014 called "Malign Velocities: Accelerationism and Capitalism." He spends a good while roasting Bifo. Here's a sneak peak:

"The few scattered anti-accelerationist critiques of our present moment often seem to leave untouched the libidinal core of accelerationism. These alternatives seem tepid, or even reactionary – take Franco ‘Bifo’ Berardi’s invocation of a politics of exhaustion that would ‘become the beginning of a slow movement toward a “wu wei” civilization, based on withdrawal, and frugal expectations for life and consumption’. This postmodern Taoism hardly enchants, and its expectation of sacrifice and escape seems to mock those paying for the current financial crisis. ‘Frugal expectations’ are what many of us already have, and such promises can hardly compete with offers of acceleration and excess. For this reason it is not surprising that accelerationism gains adherents uncomfortable with such re-treads of the usual political moralisms."

• Upvote 2

If y’all could maybe a card on a framework Da on debate is a game

Seems an awful lot like asking to cut a card abt how fiat doesn't exist in real life...probably better as an analytic, considering the fact that I doubt you'll need an expert to tell your opponents the obvious. Then again, I'm trash at FW and really need to get better, so what do I know?

• Upvote 1

Seems an awful lot like asking to cut a card abt how fiat doesn't exist in real life...probably better as an analytic, considering the fact that I doubt you'll need an expert to tell your opponents the obvious. Then again, I'm trash at FW and really need to get better, so what do I know?

I️ think that ur right, but what I️ meant was that is there a card that’s a Da saying that considering debate as a game is bad

I️ think that ur right, but what I️ meant was that is there a card that’s a Da saying that considering debate as a game is bad

antonio 95

Do you mean cut something from somebody within the debate community talking about the merits of non-traditional debate?

No more like a card just saying that performance debate or untopical debate is good for minorities or just good in general. Like untopical debate should be preferred over more traditional debate (because it's better for minorities) it doesn't have to say that exactly but anything like that would be good. It's cool too if you don't have anything like that but it'd be great if you did.

No more like a card just saying that performance debate or untopical debate is good for minorities or just good in general. Like untopical debate should be preferred over more traditional debate (because it's better for minorities) it doesn't have to say that exactly but anything like that would be good. It's cool too if you don't have anything like that but it'd be great if you did.

I'm sure people out there have cut this card before, but it seems like a pretty decent one for what you're trying to do. Hope it helps.

1-7-18.docx

• Upvote 1

Could I snipe a card about why the a lot of Republicans oppose DeVos's school choice?

Republicans support plan – backlash against DeVos’s proposed cuts prove

Emily Wilkins, 6-7-2017, "Senate Republicans Reject DeVos’ Proposed Education Cuts," Roll Call, http://www.rollcall.com/news/policy/senate-republicans-reject-devos-proposed-education-cuts, accessed 6-24-2017. Amanda Li.

Senate appropriators told Education Secretary Betsy DeVos on Tuesday that the Education Department’s budget request was dead on arrival in Congress, with Republicans and Democrats alike defending programs the department proposes to slash or eliminate in fiscal 2018. At the Labor-HHS-Education Appropriations Subcommittee, DeVos also clarified remarks she made in the House last month. She pledged Tuesday to ensure that federal school choice programs would require schools to follow laws for students with disabilities. She didn’t commit to any protections not in federal law. DeVos declined to say whether the federal government would intervene if states sent vouchers to schools that discriminated against LGBT or minority students. The department’s budget request proposed a $9.2 billion cut in fiscal 2018, to $59 billion from $68.2 billion in the annualized spending levels from the fiscal 2017 continuing resolution enacted in December. Several school choice programs, including vouchers and charter schools, would receive an additional $1.4 billion. Sen. Roy Blunt, the subcommittee chairman, said students would be hurt if programs that promoted career and technical education and helped disadvantaged students attend college were cut. The Missouri Republican said that when it came to ending federal assistance to before- and after-school programs, it would “be all but impossible to get those kinds of cuts through this committee.” “The kinds of cuts that are proposed in this budget will not occur,” he said. The programs on the chopping block in the budget request include 21st Century Community Learning Centers, which received about $1.2 billion in fiscal 2017 to provide educational before- and after-school programs as well as summer learning; comprehensive literacy development grants, which received $190 million this fiscal year to help states increase literacy in primary education; and the federal supplemental education opportunity grants, which received $732 million in fiscal 2017 to provide grants to college students to help “reduce financial barriers to postsecondary education.” Senate Appropriations Chairman Thad Cochran raised concerns about cuts to grant programs to provide professional development grants to teachers. “We need to train teachers and support the training of teachers,” the Mississippi Republican said. “There are federal programs that are legitimate and need to be on the front burner for the support and strengthening of our federal programs that help us teach our children.” DeVos defended the proposed cuts, telling committee members the 22 programs cut in the budget were “duplicative, ineffective, or are better supported through state, local, or private efforts.” When questioned about 21st Century Community Learning Centers, DeVos said the program did not focus on the school day, and therefore wasn’t a part of the department’s core mission. “We made some tough choices and tough decisions around this,” she said. “But this one was deemed to be one that was not effective.”

• Upvote 1

I'm sure people out there have cut this card before, but it seems like a pretty decent one for what you're trying to do. Hope it helps.

Thanks so much!