TheSnowball

Daily Card

I'm too lazy to cut this, but: http://www.hamiltonproject.org/papers/improving_academic_outcomes_for_disadvantaged_students_scaling_up_individua

There is a lot of literature out there about how students who fall behind become unable to catch up. If you don't learn how to read by the time you're in third grade, for example, nobody will ever teach you, and the next several years of school will be a total waste. The literature on the downsides of occupational licensing is also relevant to the approach taken by the program. Teachers are expensive. Tutors are cheap. Using tutors as a low-cost flexible way to supplement the broadly targeted approach of teachers makes intuitive sense.

Edited by Chaos

4/28/17 with a card on the decreasing role of the federal government in k-12 education under Trump as well as the executive order I made a different thread about.

4-28-17.docx

Edited by TheSnowball

4/29/17 with the first card of The Beautiful Risk of Education, which is a book I requested on here a little bit ago. I'm making it, among other publications, into a K that's pretty similar to complexity, which I intend to make free and public when I finish. If I forget to, please bother me until I do.

4-29-17.docx

4-30-17 with an interesting card saying the problem isn't a lack of funding, but problems with the ways it's spent. Good in conjunction with the McNealy evidence from 4/25.

4-30-17.docx

If I have cards I'd like to contribute, where do I put them?

Thanks for your interest! Please read the recently edited first post on this thread to get started.

Here's an impact turn to hegemony.

edit: I added your card here Doge just so we have those bigger headings.

5-2-17.docx

Edited by TheSnowball

Does anyone have any berlant?

Were you looking for something specific? Or just anything written by Berlant?

Were you looking for something specific? Or just anything written by Berlant?

Preferably CO links and A/T defense, but really anything works and would be extremely helpful.

Preferably CO links and A/T defense, but really anything works and would be extremely helpful.

What is a CO link?

Can you cut a psychoanalysis link?

I can do that tomorrow, but can you be more specific? What would the ideal tagline be?

I can do that tomorrow, but can you be more specific? What would the ideal tagline be?

Could it be specific verses plan-less affirmatives? So like their attempt to reject the state is means to receive attention and love? 

Thank you and VMan so much for doing this!

Could it be specific verses plan-less affirmatives? So like their attempt to reject the state is means to receive attention and love? 

Thank you and VMan so much for doing this!

I'm still not sure I understand the psychoanalysis argument.

CynicClinic is also a main contributor -- he's just sick right now to my understanding.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1