TheSnowball

Daily Card

Try Dana Polson as an author. I can't cut anything now bc school, but if anyone else wants to or when I get home, I can do it in a couple hours.

• Upvote 1

I was looking for an arg I saw in a 1nc in a vdebate a while ago ( I think China topic) that was on presumption against K affs, something along the lines of "there's no material connection between voting aff and the material" and "the 1ac is nothing more than a professor lecturing in class". i remember liking it but couldnt find it. i think others would find that interesting as well if anyone could find it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kero5aw94v29mil/Academic%20Disruption%20Fails.docx?dl=0

or

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0eadjy4unz6y7sm/The%20ballot%20fails.docx?dl=0

am on my phone sorry for dropbox links

• Upvote 1

for the next daily card do you think you could do a UQ for an aff, like "this is needed and it's unique but still topical" bc it still is the fed gov't giving authority? that would be amazing

It was 11/14 in Eastern Time when you posted it at 1 AM. That's what I assume he's talking about.

nah i'm talking about trump stressing snowball out

nah i'm talking about trump stressing snowball out

I don't know, I thought that card was pretty good. I try not to inject my personal opinion into any particular cards, just trying to publish decent-quality and unbiased evidence.

• Upvote 3

11-15-17--Do you love reading the federalism DA? Do you hate investing a lot of time and making actual arguments? Do I have the card for you.

edit: but you should still read a "populism bad" impact card.

11-15-17.docx

Edited by TheSnowball
  • Upvote 2

• Uniqueness card Teachers like Trump moving away from federal regulation in education.

Better cards for aff climate change.

Card for education is the answer.

neg cards for cyber security

blocks for sex ed neg

anti blackness blocks

Also, there's good ev about debate ballots having no real world implications, but I don't know the authors

Ritter is the debate coach who wrote about how the ballot is fake

Is there any abolishing standardized testing good or bad evidence?

Edit: Besides the test scores/economy card

Edited by teafan

Is there any abolishing standardized testing good or bad evidence?

Edit: Besides the test scores/economy card

there's a lewis card in the agamben aff from utnif that explains why standardized testing is biopolitical and seeks to weed-out "non productive" subjects

11-15-17--Do you love reading the federalism DA? Do you hate investing a lot of time and making actual arguments? Do I have the card for you.

edit: but you should still read a "populism bad" impact

i personally recommend a warming or terrorism impact, populism can get iffy if they can turn it. i'll attach the cards we usually use if anyone wants them

they might not be that good but with the federalism disad, which i consider pretty bad, terror is the hardest for them to respond to 

(edit: my computer didn't attach the file)

federalism terrorism impact cards.docx

Edited by permthedisad
  • Upvote 1