TheSnowball

Daily Card

Could you find a impact card to criminalization of lgbtq youth through the school to prison pipeline?

Edit:Nevermind

Edited by DogeDuck

Some work on laundry list of thumpers against the politics DA for those going to Michigan?

I'll look.

For those looking to run a tax reform DA, this seems like a good PC key quote.

Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), who brokered the health agreement that Trump has shifted between criticizing and praising, added that he had already told the president that his staying on track on tax reform could be key to getting a landmark achievement.

“If the president of the United States focuses on one thing, with everything he’s got, for as long it takes, he can usually get what he wants,” Alexander said.

Republicans believe everything is falling into place for the first major tax overhaul since 1986. They control Congress and the White House, members are motivated to notch a big legislative victory they can campaign on in 2018 and they are on the cusp of a bicameral budget agreement that would allow them to concentrate on a tax package instead of the Senate passing a budget.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/22/trump-tax-plan-congress-244010

• Upvote 1

A card saying that implementing climate change classes will not cause reform fatigue. And a card on environmental education being good.

A card saying that implementing climate change classes will not cause reform fatigue. And a card on environmental education being good.

Here's the one about reform fatigue. Also, you should argue that learning climate change from a teacher who doesn't want to teach it is better than not learning it at all.

11-7-17.docx

Can you cut a card or two thats some Impact-D to sexual violence

What do you want it to say? "It's not that bad, just deal with it?"

Can I get a card that specifically says global warming is happening in a faster timeframe, meaning that climate education is needed?

Can I get a card that specifically says global warming is happening in a faster timeframe, meaning that climate education is needed?

This doesn't have anything about climate education, and it is a bit short, but it is a good inherency card. Just dig through openev for some solvency and you should be fine.

@TheSnowball I am still busy, but I will try to help you with this project as much as possible

This doesn't have anything about climate education, and it is a bit short, but it is a good inherency card. Just dig through openev for some solvency and you should be fine.

@TheSnowball I am still busy, but I will try to help you with this project as much as possible

Thanks! And, did you mean to attach a document?

Thanks! And, did you mean to attach a document?

yes, yes I did

Edit: I would also recommend we split the file into to. At this point it is massive and not easy to search at a glance

11-9-17.docx

Edited by DogeDuck

Could I get a decent rider general politics link that says bipartisan liberal policies will be tagged on to Paul Ryan's tax plan? (Don't sweat it if you can't find it. Rider DAs are super awesome, but the links are impossible to find!)

And I'd love to help out around this thread. I want to get into the habit of cutting a card or two a day, anyway.

Edited by OutKTheK

I think a generic piece of evidence that "X is must pass legislation now" or "X will be attached to the next must pass legislation" would work fine

Edit: because of the sensitive nature of the DA, the evidence has to be very new to avoid uniqueness problems

Edited by HEYEYEYEYEYEY

I was looking for an arg I saw in a 1nc in a vdebate a while ago ( I think China topic) that was on presumption against K affs, something along the lines of "there's no material connection between voting aff and the material" and "the 1ac is nothing more than a professor lecturing in class". i remember liking it but couldnt find it. i think others would find that interesting as well if anyone could find it

I was looking for an arg I saw in a 1nc in a vdebate a while ago ( I think China topic) that was on presumption against K affs, something along the lines of "there's no material connection between voting aff and the material" and "the 1ac is nothing more than a professor lecturing in class". i remember liking it but couldnt find it. i think others would find that interesting as well if anyone could find it

I think this is from a Baudrillard round but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, there's good ev about debate ballots having no real world implications, but I don't know the authors

• Upvote 1

That seems a lot like Baudrillard to me. Are you talking about the charity cannibalism kritik by any chance? It usually runs a card that makes that argument or a very similar one.

EDIT: sniped

Edited by OutKTheK
  • Upvote 1