TheSnowball

Daily Card

As in there is a reason to prefer their funding more so than states, maybe they allocate more efficiently or maybe they fund for what states can't.  I apologize if I made that unclear.  Thanks you.

What are you funding? Just education, generally?

this is a really fantastic thread!!!  thank you so much for this

also i apologize for downvoting you @TheSnowball 

i thought it was the download button

• Upvote 1

9/20/17 - Hey sorry I've been out for 5 days. Back again. Here's a short card that potentially represents a "partisanship politics DA" - the impact being that the federal agenda right now is pretty bad. Could also be used as a link to a particular issue (tax reform won't pass now because partisanship, education makes them like each other again).

9-20-17.docx

In this case education in general works

Hey, I looked for this for a while. I couldn't find many things about the NSF that weren't also by the NSF. Here's one card I found - it's really a kind-of terrible card, but it does make a private sector confidence claim you could leverage.

NSF.docx

Could you make a card saying that teachers/schools won't circumvent education reforms

I looked around quite a bit, but I didn't find much. Here's a card that's just like "teacher evaluation systems have been increasing" which you can argue as anti-circumvention.

9-21-17.docx

• Upvote 1

a card discussing that the executive should attempt to solve for education policy or a card about how executive processes work for education policy

By executive, do you mean Trump or do you mean the DoEd?

how executive processes work for education policy

I mean, that's something I can just explain. The executive branch has the responsibility of enforcing laws. Congress would pass legislation related to education, and the president would decide whether to sign it into law or to veto it. The president can directly regulate by using an executive order that creates a rule/regulation independent of statute. There are also executive agencies/departments like the Department of Education which create regulations in certain areas (immigration, agriculture, education, whatever). There's not really an "executive process" of education that's completely independent from the legislative branch.

this is more LD but do you think you could find a link to the security k for military conscription? 

Hey, here's that if you still want it. I cut a policy debate classic as your LD card.

9-26-17.docx

No just like generic solvency deficits - not specific to native education or funding. Can u do it like consultation takes too long or fails or that natives just dont care. thx

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

hey, can u cut a card that is like a US decision rule, if not thats ok, that says the Us has a moral obligation to stop structural violence or like poverty

• Upvote 2

Cap K no link/link turn?

I tried on this one - I don't think this card is really good, but it's probably usable. I think the article itself is worth a read if you'll be debating capitalism a lot - it contrasts the educational models of John Dewey (pro-democracy) with Adam Smith (pro-capitalism).

9-29-17.docx

hey, can u cut a card that is like a US decision rule, if not thats ok, that says the Us has a moral obligation to stop structural violence or like poverty

I'm actually cheating here because this is a card I cut during debate camp rather than one I cut now, but it's kind of a rhetorical card arguing that poverty is the chief form of structural violence.

9-30-17.docx

• Upvote 1