TheSnowball

Daily Card

8-17-17 - Here's a critical pedagogy alternative card. One the one hand, it'll be predictable and this card isn't really that great. On the other hand, if critical pedagogy isn't your neo-liberalism alternative on the education topic, you're doing something wrong.

8-17-17.docx

8-20-17 - "equality" PIC - replaces "equality" with "equity." While the card isn't amazing, it doesn't necessarily have to be. It's not really just a "word-PIC" but rather designed to punish an Affirmative that puts "equal education funding" or something like that in the plan-text without specifying further. The idea is that equal funding - giving poor schools and rich schools, or white students and students of color - the same amount of money doesn't do anything to resolve the disparities between the two. That functions as competition, a solvency deficit to the plan, and a net-benefit to the counterplan - you only have to win that giving under-performing schools or students of color more funding would be preferable to throwing a blanket sum of money at the system and hoping internal problems work themselves out, which is something I'm certain there's evidence on, if it isn't self-evident.

8-20-17.docx

Sorry I don't realistically get to this every day. Starting having "homework" again whatever that means. Anybody looking for something specific?

• Upvote 1

AT: Give back the land? Preferably more oriented towards their strategy is bad, not just "state good" etc. Thanks!

this will be in a separate doc since it isn't exactly a daily card- but here you go

At give back the land.docx

Edited by vmanAA738
  • Upvote 1

AT: Give back the land? Preferably more oriented towards their strategy is bad, not just "state good" etc. Thanks!

Yeah, the stuff vman put looks like it'd be pretty good. I went ahead and did a daily card anyway that's from 2017 and outlines some of the practical difficulties, but you should through what vman put too.

8-25-17.docx

Can I contribute?

I'm assuming everyone can contribute. I don't really know. Especially since there was already a card for today. Hmmm...

Yes, anyone may contribute. Please look for recent evidence that was not covered in camp files. The limit of card per day per person is just meant to prevent backfile dumping and encourage very new evidence or interesting positions. But, the more the merrier. There's some other thoughts written in the very first post of this thread.

And "one card" isn't really a limit - I've posted topicality shells, a 2AC to the states CP, that rural schools DA - just one short block, usually 1 highlighted card.

Edited by TheSnowball