ydavid

Topic Wording for Education

It seems to me that the modifier on education is super weird. The resolution specifies "elementary" and "secondary" education, which from what I can tell means K-5 or 6 and 9-12. It doesn't make any sense to me that this arbitrary exclusion of the 7-8 cohort would be present in the resolution. Seriously though, am I just misinterpreting this, or is this just bad wording,

Thanks,

Y

You are not alone; I experienced the same confusion when I first read next year's resolution. Practically speaking, "elementary education," refers to K-8 and, "secondary education," refers to 9-12 - this is likely what the framers were attempting to convey. However, for teaching degrees and certifications, "elementary education," only includes K-6. So, basically, it's:

just bad wording

• Upvote 4

elementary, adj.

pertaining to the four elements, earth, water, air, and fire, or to the great forces of nature

secondary, adj.

pertaining to any of a set of flight feathers on the second segment of a bird's wing

I guess I found my Interpretations for next year

• Upvote 1