AlisonPotter

World Schools Debate

Hey y'all, 

I'm not sure many of you would have information in this, but I thought I'd ask anyways. I qualified (aka submitted my application/debate career resume and had it accepted) to nationals this year for World Schools Debate. I have spoken a bit with Brent (Solax10) since he is an alum from my district about his experience in the activity, but I was wondering if anybody else has done it. My coach is responsible for teaching our team how to do the event (and he doesn't really have much experience with it either) and do not really know what to expect with it. Do y'all have any words of advice/things to keep in mind during the tournament/prep? 

Thanks!

• Upvote 2

How much do you already understand the rules of the format?  That will help me provide a more in depth response.  Also, I would be available to help watch practice rounds if you have them here to help give pointers.

How much do you already understand the rules of the format?  That will help me provide a more in depth response.  Also, I would be available to help watch practice rounds if you have them here to help give pointers.

I watched the 2015 finals round so I feel like I get the rules of the format. I just need tips for construction of "case" and how to deal with the extemp topics better. I'll let you know when we do any practice rounds though. 

• Upvote 1