thealtman

Who will win the NDT this year?

Could you link me to streams?

Wake AS vs Texas BP,

Kansas DR vs Binghamton BS,

and Kansas BC vs Rutgers MN

are the 3 most recent videos on this channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/sailorferrets

Berkeley GW vs Wake MM,

Rutgers MN vs Michigan GW,

Michigan DM vs Wichita State CW,

Gonzaga JS vs Berkeley MS,

and Michigan State RW vs Emory GK

are all on this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgb8XnkfPLWp1leBMQnmJFw

• Upvote 1

I really want a performance team to win finals this year

all debate is performance

edit: all debate is performance, as in the way that you choose to artificially segregate forms of debate because some people read poems, sing songs, etc. assumes a normative backdrop from which "performance teams" deviate, which is rhetoric that they probably don't appreciate. 

Edited by baudrillbabe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

same Q's 2nr was literally conversation-pased and not techy at all

yeah she's ridiculously smart and good at explaining stuff, but I thought the 2ar did a better job on the tech, like you say. I think the slow style of the 2nr worked well in their previous round against binghamton where the 2a was making really similar arguments, but i just wasn't convinced at the end of the 2nr v georgetown. To me, the aff did a better job of resolving the link and winning the net benefit to the permutation

Q read their aff as trying to gtown trying to educate them as black debaters on jurisprudence which is not how I interpreted it at all. To me those were trypical framing preempts that policy debaters stick in their 1ac when they're hitting a k team; it didn't change the posture of the aff in my mind. But then again everyone in that room is more knowledgeable about debate than I am so who am i to judge  :P

Edited by Nonegfiat

I'm watching the Rutgers vs Kansas BC round because I was watching the gtown vs kansas round earlier--

why is rutgers being so damn rude in cross x? I would dock speaks for that. I mean I'm used to debaters, k debaters especially, having a certain bravado and snark in cross x, but at one point in the cross of the 1nc, rutgers is literally roasting the guy's haircut for no reason. like wtf

Edited by Nonegfiat

I'm watching the Rutgers vs Kansas BC round because I was watching the gtown vs kansas round earlier--

why is rutgers being so damn rude in cross x? I would dock speaks for that. I mean I'm used to debaters, k debaters especially, having a certain bravado and snark in cross x, but at one point in the cross of the 1nc, rutgers is literally roasting the guy's haircut for no reason. like wtf

Their strategy was black rage. Did you expect them to be friendly and polite?

Edited by actiniumblue
  • Upvote 4

Their strategy was black rage. Did you expect them to be friendly and polite?

yeah I get that, and i figured that was the reason. it's not like they should have to be friendly, but like i wish people weren't outright disrespectful.

But whatever, I've gotten to watch hours upon hours of top quality debate today and the rutgers v kansas round is no exception. so really i have nothing to complain about

Kansas dr over Georgetown kl is a big surprise but they do that sometimes ;)

Can't wait for pairings to come out for round 4 - assuming normal high-low power matching we are gonna have a rematch of last year's finals