NickDB8

China - NickDB8 [A] vs vmanAA738 [N]

tech over truth. sometimes people win the game in sneaky ways

hehe Ben you have no idea wait till you see this 1AR boy oh boy

But yeah, 2-1 aff. Good round to both of you guys!

Yeah like in LD thats pretty common I;ve won rounds of off double turning myself and kicking out

as a former ld'er i can say that double turning yourself then kicking out is definitely not common nor good practice

as a former ld'er i can say that double turning yourself then kicking out is definitely not common nor good practice

I mean I've done it like twice and it was in a theory debate once and a K debate the other time. Fun stuff. Plus these were like trashy SanAn locals against Churchill kids that I know and hit a lot so it was mostly in good fun

Thanks for all of the feedback - Yeah, I felt bad going for 1NR grammar bad, but I felt like it was the only part of the CP I was *technically* ahead on. I'm not a 1A, so the 1AR was kinda painful for me, due to the time tradeoff, so I did what I could. I'll admit, while I "won", it was for a really stupid reason ngl, and vman was definitely ahead elsewhere, ie, T, CP proper.

Edited by NickDB8

Thanks for all of the feedback - Yeah, I felt bad going for 1NR grammar bad, but I felt like it was the only part of the CP I was *technically* ahead on. I'm not a 1A, so the 1AR was kinda painful for me, due to the time tradeoff, so I did what I could. I'll admit, while I "won", it was for a really stupid reason ngl, and vman was definitely ahead elsewhere, ie, T, CP proper.

dude that guy's only posts on this website are asking what the difference between imperialism and hegemony and then literally the majority of them are telling you that you lost because your theory was bad and you are bad so don't sweat it 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seriously, chill out. vDebates are meant to be a fun way to test new arguments, there's no reason to insult or yell at anyone. Even if you don't like theory debates, there's no reason to be a dick.

Also people read interps they don't meet for the same reason double-turns and plan flaws exist. It's not an illegitimate argument

Sorry. I still think this situation is ridiculous but I shouldn't have been so harsh about it. You're both great debaters and very smart, which is why I was so upset/shocked that it came down to a may v must argument. But again, I'm sorry

• Upvote 2