1A - (who?)

2A - Cross Roads EH

3A - Mildred PJ

4A - NorthVathens

5A - Lindale DT beats Lindale MW in finals

6A - Hendrickson

1A - Highland PP

2A - No Idea

3A - Mildred (I don't really know anyone else)

4A - Athens HH (Three-peat)

5A - Lindale DT (My pick to win TFA as well)/(Prosper DW might make a run)

6A - Hendrickson GS

EDIT: I forgot Prosper was 5A not 6A

Edited by elmeryang00
  • Upvote 2

4A - Athens HH

5A - LASA MS beats Lindale DT in finals

6A - Reagan SS

Reagan SS is good, but UIL isn't their thing. They are far too left, but we will see.

what does 4A, 5A, 6A, signify? I'm from Ca

School sizes. 1A=tiny, think middle of Podunk, Nowhere, like 200 kids tops. 6A=huge, think like 3K kids or so. My school is 6A.

Objectively, I don't know the lower UIL divisions (1A-3A), but I know the higher ones

1A - ???

2A - Cross Roads

3A - Mildred is the only team I have debated from this divison

4A - Athens HH, 3 peat sweep. I know True and Matthew, solid, genuinely nice people

5A - Toss up between Lindale DT and LASA MS, although lots of darkhorses, probably the tightest division, then again, I debate in 5A

6A - Would have been Hendrickson PW, but I believe they recently split, so I'll go with Reagan SS, despite them being a really progressive (and fantastic) squad.

Specifically, I believe the 5A is the most crowded - Lindale, LASA, Westwood, Prosper, and Grapevine are all in this division, and all of them have had teams break at the hardest TFA tournaments this year, although for obvious reasons, the UIL is quite different. 

Objectively, I don't know the lower UIL divisions (1A-3A), but I know the higher ones

1A - ???

2A - Cross Roads

3A - Mildred is the only team I have debated from this divison

4A - Athens HH, 3 peat sweep. I know True and Matthew, solid, genuinely nice people

5A - Toss up between Lindale DT and LASA MS, although lots of darkhorses, probably the tightest division, then again, I debate in 5A

6A - Would have been Hendrickson PW, but I believe they recently split, so I'll go with Reagan SS, despite them being a really progressive (and fantastic) squad.

Specifically, I believe the 5A is the most crowded - Lindale, LASA, Westwood, Prosper, and Grapevine are all in this division, and all of them have had teams break at the hardest TFA tournaments this year, although for obvious reasons, the UIL is quite different. 

cheerin for my bois from prosper even if they don't win

• Upvote 1

woul

Post your predictions on state winners in cx 

1a-Lometa 

2a-Cross roads

3a-Whitesboro

4a-(?)

5a- Lindale

6a-Hendrickson 

Whitesboro team that won state a couple times graduated. Calisburg or Mildred serious competitors in 3A

Well LASA MS and Lindale DT are hitting in finals at TFA state rn so we'll see that matchup once and for all.

edit - well LASA MS just won TFA state so yeah

Edited by AQuackDebater

Well LASA MS and Lindale DT are hitting in finals at TFA state rn so we'll see that matchup once and for all.

edit - well LASA MS just won TFA state so yeah

Having watched finals, I personally though that Lindale won that round due to some technical choices by Ezra in the 2nr so I think that UIL 5A is still as open as ever. Especially since LASA scraped by against a very good Reagan team in semis.

Having watched finals, I personally though that Lindale won that round due to some technical choices by Ezra in the 2nr so I think that UIL 5A is still as open as ever. Especially since LASA scraped by against a very good Reagan team in semis.

Jonas dropped 1% risk framing in the 1AR and Ronak only spent about 40 seconds on the DOS DA in the 2AR, so even if there was a solvency deficit, the DA's link potential outweighed. Ezra made a fantastic choice using their solvency evidence against them on the CP. (I don't know what the actuall RFDs were, but this is what persuaded me.)

Also Yao Yao said that the only LASA team going to UIL is Sahil and one of the girls from AC, plus they aren't trying to break its just some fun for old time sake. Apparently they were partners back when Cameron debated with Isaac or something. UIL is probably going to be a Lindale win in 5A, but we will see what happens.

Also Yao Yao said that the only LASA team going to UIL is Sahil and one of the girls from AC, plus they aren't trying to break its just some fun for old time sake. Apparently they were partners back when Cameron debated with Isaac or something.

Yeah Sahil and Katherine debated together

Jonas dropped 1% risk framing in the 1AR and Ronak only spent about 40 seconds on the DOS DA in the 2AR, so even if there was a solvency deficit, the DA's link potential outweighed. Ezra made a fantastic choice using their solvency evidence against them on the CP. (I don't know what the actuall RFDs were, but this is what persuaded me.)

Also Yao Yao said that the only LASA team going to UIL is Sahil and one of the girls from AC, plus they aren't trying to break its just some fun for old time sake. Apparently they were partners back when Cameron debated with Isaac or something. UIL is probably going to be a Lindale win in 5A, but we will see what happens.

I thought that Ezra's choice to not extend Defense on Case was dangerous because Ronak and Jonas were hammering the deficits on the Counterplan. Since Ezra didn't extenda a solvency deficit to the Aff, then a slight deficit on the CP not solving the case would mean the Aff's US China War and Russia War scenarios would outweigh the DA. Because Jonas extended that if the DoS DA didn't access Nuclear Terrorism as per the Weiss Ev, then the DA wouldn't access Extinction while the concedes Args on Case had 100% access to that external impact. I also didn't think the 2NR did barely any impact Calc but Ronak was hammering Timeframe in the 2AR.

I do agree however that LASA responded fantastically to a new very good Aff and one with which they didn't have any specific evidence on.

Edited by elmeryang00