wub

Parts of an Accelerationism Kritik help!

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and I'm doing a presentation on the strategic application of accelerationism as a K. However, I'm very confused on the parts of the K and just the debate strategy in general. I'm kind of unclear on the four parts. Our novice teams are only running one K, and that's the cap k. Most of my knowledge is based on that (and a couple other varsity K rounds I flowed). 

My current understanding of accelerationism is mostly based on the accelerationist manifesto, and it's that capitalism should be accelerated for the late benefits of technological evolution in order to create a future for a world threatened by the deterimental effects of capitalism, such as climate change and governmental problems. I think I understand the philosophy but I have no idea how it's run as a K. So here goes:

1. Link

In the cap k the aff links to capitalism which links to the impacts by supporting capitalist ideas, for example trade. However, accelerationism is about accelerating capitalism for the late BENEFITS. Isn't this good? Does that mean affs who don't support accelerationism are bad because they doom the world by not creating a new future? Idk. 

2. Impact

The impact is good, right? Technological evolution to save a future. I don't really understand this part because the impact should be the undesirable effects. 

3. Alternative

I guess this part is pretty clear, that the alternative is to accelerate capitalism in order to technologically evolve and save a world in danger. 

4. Framework

Framework is how the judge should evaluate the round in my understanding, so in this case a possible fw could be the judge should vote for the team that creates a world post-capitalism.

This is all my understanding of accelerationism thus far. We aren't expected to run it or master it, but have a general understanding. It would be greatly GREATLY appreciated if someone could look over and help me in understanding the link and impact! Thank you very much!

Here's some feedback:

On the link: You can generalize it for affs that aren't about trade by saying that any aff that uses the USFG (which is any topical aff) supports its capitalist ideals.

The impacts should be the things that are bad about capitalism. The alt should solve those impacts.

The alt seems good.

Framework: I'd just do: "the judge should vote for whoever best accelerates capitalism"

• Upvote 1

Peep Georgetown Day's wiki for good evidence on this question (or to see how they've structured it), I watched their Quarters round at Berkeley where they went for this versus Denverlake's Wengzhou Bataille Aff and it was articulated phenomenally.

It's under "Hashtag Accelerate"

https://hspolicy.debatecoaches.org/Georgetown+Day/Brooks-SzulcDonnell+Neg

Edited by ConsultVerminSupreme

Couldn't accelerationism be a turn to the cap k?

It's an interesting thing to think about, but I don't think it would work.

If one thinks about human progress, capitalism, inovation, etc. as something linear that will rise and fall over the course of time, there's a difference between accelerating them (making that period shorter) and contributing them (furthering the accumulation of capitalism, arguably making it more entrenched).

Then there's the mindset. Accelerationism has the end goal in mind of a world post-capital whereas capitalism has in mind a world of more capital.

Finally, capitalism exists in a cycle of [innovate new technology], [technology destroys environment], [build technology to fix environment], while the futurism of accelerationism should view the problems we already face and find ways to innovate beyond them.

I'm no expert and haven't run this argument, and I'd love to talk through the differences more here.

1. Link

In the cap k the aff links to capitalism which links to the impacts by supporting capitalist ideas, for example trade. However, accelerationism is about accelerating capitalism for the late BENEFITS. Isn't this good? Does that mean affs who don't support accelerationism are bad because they doom the world by not creating a new future? Idk. 

I think it would be better to look in a place like neoliberalism. Late stage capitalism would invariably take the form harsh neoliberalism. The link would be that it causes crisis within capitalism (i.e financial meltdowns, trade wars, and so on.) as with each crisis capitalism becomes leaner and meaner and finds more ways to exploit resources/peoples.

2. Impact

The impact is good, right? Technological evolution to save a future. I don't really understand this part because the impact should be the undesirable effects. 

The impact would not be the end but the means. There's the possibly an emancipatory leftist project can happen without "accelerating" the current conditions towards the collapse of capitalism. You could use the impacts of perpetual warfare which the aff flings us into, which destroys workers organization and make it virtually impossible to create a new society

3. Alternative

I guess this part is pretty clear, that the alternative is to accelerate capitalism in order to technologically evolve and save a world in danger. 

This could be reject the notion of acelerationism and create a genuine emancipatory project with resistance outside the perpetual warfare that will inhabit the collapse of capitalism

4. Framework

Framework is how the judge should evaluate the round in my understanding, so in this case a possible fw could be the judge should vote for the team that creates a world post-capitalism.

You could use your standard cap K fw of the ethical duty to reject captialism but try and find something how the material conditions are already present for a leftist revolution so you must vote neg now to create a revolution outside the acelerationist narrative.