ManWithThePlanText

What ground will the neg have for next year's education topic?

What ground will the neg have for next year's education resolution? I know that there's a lot of ground for kritiks, but what about regular impacts, disadvantages, and counterplans? Is next year's topic debatable in an area that has mainly stock issues judges?

DAs:

-Federal Spending

-Federalism

-Politics (the link cards will be good under this political administration)

-Tradeoffs (funding X takes away funding from Y)

CPs:

-State Governments

-Private Sector/Schools (maybe?)

-Advantage CPs for jobs, economy, education advantages, etc.

-I think a modeling CP would be cool. Like (Aff promotes American model of education, that's bad, CP: model our education system after X country) but it'd be hard to win on.

• Upvote 2

DAs:

-Federal Spending

-Federalism

-Politics (the link cards will be good under this political administration)

-Tradeoffs (funding X takes away funding from Y)

CPs:

-State Governments

-Private Sector/Schools (maybe?)

-Advantage CPs for jobs, economy, education advantages, etc.

-I think a modeling CP would be cool. Like (Aff promotes American model of education, that's bad, CP: model our education system after X country) but it'd be hard to win on.

What would the Federalism DA entail?

What would the Federalism DA entail?

Here's a file from 2014's OpenEvidence that has a thesis, table of contents, and highlighting explaining it better than I can/want to.

Edit: but if you have questions after reading I'll totally answer them.

Federalism Disadvantage - Samford 2014.docx

Edited by TheSnowball
  • Upvote 1

Privatization CP's are gonna be good. I'd run it. School vouchers maybe? But honestly for policy ground it's gonna be pretty thin pickings.

Privatization CP's are gonna be good. I'd run it. School vouchers maybe? But honestly for policy ground it's gonna be pretty thin pickings.

I think the vouchers vs. funding debate over school choice will be the new qpq debate. If you're one, people run T that you have to be the other and a CP and net benefit about the other.

I think the vouchers vs. funding debate over school choice will be the new qpq debate. If you're one, people run T that you have to be the other and a CP and net benefit about the other.

yeah probably. honestly t - qpq is the new antonio 95

I've been throwing around the idea of writing, "Counterplan: Abolish the Department of Education."

-Betsy DeVos 2K17

"Just let the states do it!"

because state education agencies are consistently good, isn't that right Texas?

(disclaimer: both my parents are educators)

Edited by AQuackDebater
  • Upvote 2

-Federalism

With this administration though the UQ debate's gonna be harsh

-State Governments

See my reply to Ian

CP - Be Finland.

I've been throwing around the idea of writing, "Counterplan: Abolish the Department of Education."

no joke, someone on my circuit in MO is running an aff to abolish the DoE to pay back our debt to China. We pull out some gr8 cases here. 

• Upvote 2

no joke, someone on my circuit in MO is running an aff to abolish the DoE to pay back our debt to China. We pull out some gr8 cases here.

Does it even claim to be topical, or what? I'm trying to justify that as Affirmative ground and drawing a blank. Edited by CynicClinic
  • Upvote 2

dude I ran an aff on the oceans topic that was "let's go find sea foam because sea foam is used to make cool whip. cool whip makes people happy, happy people aren't mean, we solve dehume." I actually picked up ballots with this at the SMarks novice RR. good times.

• Upvote 2

Does it even claim to be topical, or what? I'm trying to justify that as Affirmative ground and drawing a blank.

Yes it 100% defends to be topical. I am also very confused at it. 

• Upvote 2

T -- Reform =/= abolish

• Upvote 1

T -- Reform =/= abolish

It's even worse, though - the word, "reform," isn't even in the resolution at all. One can merely, "increase... funding and/or regulation." The whole reason why I was considering that as a counterplan in the first place is because, "Abolish the Department of Education," is about as much of a decrease in both funding and regulation as I can think of. To think of it being run as an affirmative case is quite strange.

• Upvote 1