HyperRhizome

Plan Flaw + Framework = Double Bind?

I am going to a major tournament and was given the advice that if I ever hit a K aff, I should run Plan Flaw and Framework, which creates a double bind. I understand Framework, but I am confused about Plan Flaw and how it creates a double bind. Thanks for helping!

Edit: Please keep it simple, but don't oversimplify it, as I would consider myself a debater on the brink of becoming an advanced debater (I don't know how to change the title of "varsity on my account). Also, if you are willing to share a plan flaw file, it would be wonderful!

Edited by TheCMMKritik

Isn't Plan Flaw the topicality "it's/its" shell? Regardless, the context of this question. is inherently contradictory. Here is why.

If a "K aff" has a topical plan, there is no argumentative incentive to run framework.

If it does not have a topical plan, there is no way to run "Plan Flaw"

You should ask the debaters who gave you this advice to explain what they meant by creating a double bind between Framework and Plan Flaw, since those arguments do not have only one definition in CX debate. Since this advice seems sincere, you should probably take a look at their shells and see how they run the double bind.

Also, I would hope that plan flaw in this case would be specific to K-aff somehow.  I would think.  

But that excludes the nature of the double-bind argument I think: The only ground I could see is them not having a plan means I can't get any offense or link on plan flaw.

You should ask the debaters who gave you this advice to explain what they meant by creating a double bind between Framework and Plan Flaw, since those arguments do not have only one definition in CX debate. Since this advice seems sincere, you should probably take a look at their shells and see how they run the double bind.

I think I'll do that... Thanks!