Piedude

T-Not T

Possibly related, does anyone have, "Framework: You must not read a plan text," or something similar? I know that this was joked about some time ago in a different part of the site, but this thread made me wonder if the file actually exists.

Violation- you’re too topical-I can’t read T

T debates are necessary-Paris accords just threw out the disad and when you’re too topical it’s not fair

That’s key for  education-t debates are necessary-If we don’t understand definitions we can’t have law studies-lawyers use lots of words and dictionaries

That’s also Key for politics-bills define terms within the parameters of the law-Alex needs a job

they don't have enough redundancy-we meet-redunancy means you don't forget stuff-that's important because portable skills-forgetting stuff is bad

Plus I have all the words-the best words
Trump 16 , Donald, rich dude 4 pres, my head, accessed: 9/9/16
You took the best words away from me

Thank Reagan SS

• Upvote 1

Possibly related, does anyone have, "Framework: You must not read a plan text," or something similar? I know that this was joked about some time ago in a different part of the site, but this thread made me wonder if the file actually exists.

pretty sure Hendrickson PW reads this

Interpretation – The Affirmative must present a concrete strategy for the operationalization of their advocacy in the form of a replicatable praxis.

Violation -They do not offer a tangible method for the marginalized.

Vote Neg – the judge should only vote for political motives that can truly activate black agency. This is a call for the affirmative to interact with everyday conditions of oppression.  

Materiality should frame their politics —constant theorization does nothing to combat the gratuitous violence faced by people of color every day—debate becomes a waste with constant theorization why black bodies get murdered.

Yancy 2008 (George Yancy, 2008, Associate Professor of Philosophy, Duquesne University, Black bodies, white gazes: the continuing significance of race, p. 299)

Although there are many while antiracists who do fight and will continue to fight against 

AND

wallet. The sheer weight of this reality mocks the patience of theory.

and also 

Interp –  the Aff's method of engagement with China must be enacted along performative lines.

Violation – they don't have any performative aspects of the 1AC.

We will proceed to define – Performative praxises are a synthesis of research methods, standpoints, and bodily presentations that confront exclusion within the topic.

Albiniak 2011 (Teddy Albiniak – owner of this tournament don't question him, ""Performance Debate" – Beginning a conversation about what it is, how its done, and how to defeat it – Teddy Albiniak", http://utdebatecamp.com/2011/performance-debate-beginning-a-conversation-about-what-it-is-how-its-done-and-how-to-defeat-it-teddy-albiniak/ - ERW)

Few issues spark real controversy in the debate community anymore. I think you would 

AND

power, and presentation as it is reflected and practiced in academic debate.

This means they must do something external to a speech act i.e. bodily action.

Merriam-Webster No Date (Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/performance – ERW)

Simple Definition of performance : an activity (such as singing a song or acting 

AND

engine performance. an increased level of performance We've introduced new performance levels.

Vote Neg –

1 – Limits and clash – reading non-performative Affs skirts neg ground, shutting down kritikal literature bases that can be debated. We longer have access to performance bad, ballot-based, academia bad, and counter-performance link offense – this prevents agonism, turning debate into a monologue.

2 – Participation – non-performative debate breeds apathy for minority schools who do not conform to policy or conventional high-theory. They prevent material discussions of subject positions, survival strategies , and embodied scholarship – further brushing away those who are already excluded.

3 – Revolutionary Skills – performance provides tangible skills for concrete changes, boxed speech acts don't.

Polson 12 (Dana Roe Polson, PhD in Language Literacy and Culture, UMBC, Baltimore city public and public charter schools high school teacher, "'Longing for Theory:' Performance Debate in Action" Dissertain directed by Dr. Christine Mallinson, Assistant Professor,  Language, Literacy, and Culture pp. 235-36)CEFS

Two of my participants, and many of their former debate peers, are involved 

AND

meetings not only to help out but as a form of leadership training.

not quite don't have a txt but it's basically inverse t in that it's saying non critical affs bad

• Upvote 1

I wrote it, would you like it?

Interpretation – The Affirmative must present a concrete strategy for the operationalization of their advocacy in the form of a replicatable praxis.

Violation -They do not offer a tangible method for the marginalized.

Vote Neg – the judge should only vote for political motives that can truly activate black agency. This is a call for the affirmative to interact with everyday conditions of oppression.  

Materiality should frame their politics —constant theorization does nothing to combat the gratuitous violence faced by people of color every day—debate becomes a waste with constant theorization why black bodies get murdered.

Yancy 2008 (George Yancy, 2008, Associate Professor of Philosophy, Duquesne University, Black bodies, white gazes: the continuing significance of race, p. 299)

Although there are many while antiracists who do fight and will continue to fight against 

AND

wallet. The sheer weight of this reality mocks the patience of theory.

this is just black framework

and also 

Interp –  the Aff's method of engagement with China must be enacted along performative lines.

Violation – they don't have any performative aspects of the 1AC.

We will proceed to define – Performative praxises are a synthesis of research methods, standpoints, and bodily presentations that confront exclusion within the topic.

Albiniak 2011 (Teddy Albiniak – owner of this tournament don't question him, ""Performance Debate" – Beginning a conversation about what it is, how its done, and how to defeat it – Teddy Albiniak", http://utdebatecamp.com/2011/performance-debate-beginning-a-conversation-about-what-it-is-how-its-done-and-how-to-defeat-it-teddy-albiniak/ - ERW)

Few issues spark real controversy in the debate community anymore. I think you would 

AND

power, and presentation as it is reflected and practiced in academic debate.

This means they must do something external to a speech act i.e. bodily action.

Merriam-Webster No Date (Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/performance – ERW)

Simple Definition of performance : an activity (such as singing a song or acting 

AND

engine performance. an increased level of performance We've introduced new performance levels.

Vote Neg –

1 – Limits and clash – reading non-performative Affs skirts neg ground, shutting down kritikal literature bases that can be debated. We longer have access to performance bad, ballot-based, academia bad, and counter-performance link offense – this prevents agonism, turning debate into a monologue.

2 – Participation – non-performative debate breeds apathy for minority schools who do not conform to policy or conventional high-theory. They prevent material discussions of subject positions, survival strategies , and embodied scholarship – further brushing away those who are already excluded.

3 – Revolutionary Skills – performance provides tangible skills for concrete changes, boxed speech acts don't.

Polson 12 (Dana Roe Polson, PhD in Language Literacy and Culture, UMBC, Baltimore city public and public charter schools high school teacher, "'Longing for Theory:' Performance Debate in Action" Dissertain directed by Dr. Christine Mallinson, Assistant Professor,  Language, Literacy, and Culture pp. 235-36)CEFS

Two of my participants, and many of their former debate peers, are involved 

AND

meetings not only to help out but as a form of leadership training.

not quite don't have a txt but it's basically inverse t in that it's saying non critical affs bad

this seems really broad, like lmao, can I sway side to side and call that a performance not related to the speech act?

Interpretation: they don’t get a plan, they MUST critique the resolution. Violation: they read a plan text. A. USFG = the people

Howard 5 (Adam, “Jeffersonian Democracy: Of the People, By the People, For the People,” http://www.byzantinecommunications.com/adamhoward/homework/highschool/jeffersonian.html, 5/27)

Ideally, then, under ... from the people.

B. Their framework is a disciplinary trap – institutional focus crowds out ethics and reduces politics to a managerial power play.

Biswas 7 - Shampa Politics @ Whitman ‘7 “Empire and Global Public Intellectuals: Reading Edward Said as an International Relations Theorist” Millennium 36 (1) p. 117-125

The recent resuscitation ... of the vocation.

C. Legal pedagogy in the status quo only creates a myopic and normative vision of the world – instead we should de-center the state from our analysis of the law to allow for a more polyvocal approach– this is also the best internal link to critical thinking

Jukier 2015 (Rosalie, Professor of Law, McGill University, “Stateless Law: Evolving Boundaries of a Discipline”, published by Ashgate Publishing, Helge Dedek and Shauna Van Praagh (eds), http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2620264, mmv)

Finally, stateless law ... skills in students.

Vote neg- State action is built on the oppression of non-normative peoples. Only by critiquing the assumptions of the resolution will we actually gain education on how to better represent ourselves as ethical actors.

1. We have an ethical responsibility as intellectuals to use debate as a site of emancipatory knowledge production – pedagogical ethics demands that we critically engage imperialist narrative such as that of US-China engagement.

Giroux 15 – Henry, The Curse of Totalitarianism and the Challenge of Critical Pedagogy, 02 October 2015, http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/33061-the-curse-of-totalitarianism-and-the-challenge-of-critical-pedagogy

What role might ... young people inhabit.

2. Policy recommendations are bad – we must speak the language of the governed, not the governers. Anything else is nonsense.

Schroeder ‘2 (Jeanne L., Professor of Law, The Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, “The Stumbling Block: Freedom, Rationality, and Legal Scholarship”44 W m. & Mar y L. Rev . 263 (2002)

In this Article, ... the university’s discourse.

3. Their limiting interpretation of debate and politics forecloses political possibility – allows for violence and exclusion to continue.

Sjöholm 5 (Cecilia, professor of aesthetics at Södertörn University. She has a PhD in philosophy from Radboud University in Nijmegen, Holland and a PhD in Comparative Literature from Stockholm University. “Kristeva and the Political”. Psychology Press, 2005, pg. 71-74)

Kristeva’s hollow universalism ... experience and affects.

These impacts outweigh - inculcating an atmosphere of democratic openness is critical to build the capacity for productive change –the process of deliberative democracy gives students the necessary skills for meaningful political engagement.

Lundberg ‘10Professor of Communications at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, (Christian, “Tradition of Debate in North Carolina” in Navigating Opportunity: Policy Debate in the 21st Century, edited by Allan D. Louden, March 2010, pgs. 311-313, ProQuest)

The second major ... colleges and universities.  

• Upvote 1

Interpretation: they don’t get a plan, they MUST critique the resolution. Violation: they read a plan text. A. USFG = the people

Howard 5 (Adam, “Jeffersonian Democracy: Of the People, By the People, For the People,” http://www.byzantinecommunications.com/adamhoward/homework/highschool/jeffersonian.html, 5/27)

Ideally, then, under ... from the people.

B. Their framework is a disciplinary trap – institutional focus crowds out ethics and reduces politics to a managerial power play.

Biswas 7 - Shampa Politics @ Whitman ‘7 “Empire and Global Public Intellectuals: Reading Edward Said as an International Relations Theorist” Millennium 36 (1) p. 117-125

The recent resuscitation ... of the vocation.

C. Legal pedagogy in the status quo only creates a myopic and normative vision of the world – instead we should de-center the state from our analysis of the law to allow for a more polyvocal approach– this is also the best internal link to critical thinking

Jukier 2015 (Rosalie, Professor of Law, McGill University, “Stateless Law: Evolving Boundaries of a Discipline”, published by Ashgate Publishing, Helge Dedek and Shauna Van Praagh (eds), http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2620264, mmv)

Finally, stateless law ... skills in students.

Vote neg- State action is built on the oppression of non-normative peoples. Only by critiquing the assumptions of the resolution will we actually gain education on how to better represent ourselves as ethical actors.

1. We have an ethical responsibility as intellectuals to use debate as a site of emancipatory knowledge production – pedagogical ethics demands that we critically engage imperialist narrative such as that of US-China engagement.

Giroux 15 – Henry, The Curse of Totalitarianism and the Challenge of Critical Pedagogy, 02 October 2015, http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/33061-the-curse-of-totalitarianism-and-the-challenge-of-critical-pedagogy

What role might ... young people inhabit.

2. Policy recommendations are bad – we must speak the language of the governed, not the governers. Anything else is nonsense.

Schroeder ‘2 (Jeanne L., Professor of Law, The Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, “The Stumbling Block: Freedom, Rationality, and Legal Scholarship”44 W m. & Mar y L. Rev . 263 (2002)

In this Article, ... the university’s discourse.

3. Their limiting interpretation of debate and politics forecloses political possibility – allows for violence and exclusion to continue.

Sjöholm 5 (Cecilia, professor of aesthetics at Södertörn University. She has a PhD in philosophy from Radboud University in Nijmegen, Holland and a PhD in Comparative Literature from Stockholm University. “Kristeva and the Political”. Psychology Press, 2005, pg. 71-74)

Kristeva’s hollow universalism ... experience and affects.

These impacts outweigh - inculcating an atmosphere of democratic openness is critical to build the capacity for productive change –the process of deliberative democracy gives students the necessary skills for meaningful political engagement.

Lundberg ‘10Professor of Communications at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, (Christian, “Tradition of Debate in North Carolina” in Navigating Opportunity: Policy Debate in the 21st Century, edited by Allan D. Louden, March 2010, pgs. 311-313, ProQuest)

The second major ... colleges and universities.  

no clue as to why the formating is this bad.

• Upvote 1

Benny, what's the benefit of reading this as "framework" instead of a K?

lmao there isn't one. I just wanted to mess with the coppel kids because they read a climate aff. I have a bunch of blocks that say stuff like "nacho cheese dorito flavored hitler doesn't believe in climate change and is anti-black." this could literally be the most generic K if you wanted. I wouldn't actually run it in a real round again anytime soon.

• Upvote 1

lmao there isn't one. I just wanted to mess with the coppel kids because they read a climate aff. I have a bunch of blocks that say stuff like "nacho cheese dorito flavored hitler doesn't believe in climate change and is anti-black." this could literally be the most generic K if you wanted. I wouldn't actually run it in a real round again anytime soon.

yo imma run this

Little Rock Central WW had a similar argument up on their wiki last year:

Interpretation – the aff has to reject the resolution

Violation – The aff functions in the direction of the topic – ~Insert plan text~ is directly tied to the resolutional question of federal action in the context of surveillance

Voting issue:

Agonism – Reading semi-topical affs makes negative preparation too easy and gives us too much ground – hard debate is better debate – forces stronger quick thinking a decisionmaking

Boredom – This topic is about surveillance which is really boring if you read a topical aff – K affs are so much more interesting to listen to – turns the aff because if everyone is bored listening to you, no one cares about the content of the 1AC – kills it's political efficacy

Edited by ConsultVerminSupreme

Little Rock Central WW had a similar argument up on their wiki last year:

Interpretation – the aff has to reject the resolution

Violation – The aff functions in the direction of the topic – ~Insert plan text~ is directly tied to the resolutional question of federal action in the context of surveillance

Voting issue:

Agonism – Reading semi-topical affs makes negative preparation too easy and gives us too much ground – hard debate is better debate – forces stronger quick thinking a decisionmaking

Boredom – This topic is about surveillance which is really boring if you read a topical aff – K affs are so much more interesting to listen to – turns the aff because if everyone is bored listening to you, no one cares about the content of the 1AC – kills it's political efficacy

I'mma be straight up I can totally see Payton running this