CynicClinic

2017 UIL State

Unfortunately, me. Since I'm being forced to go, I'm going to aim for late elimination rounds I guess.

Just, you know, late elims at state. nbd right benny?

Just, you know, late elims at state. nbd right benny?

yo I'm in 5A, my competition is just Lindale. I just need to avoid being bottom seed and I'm golden. I'm hoping all the traditional judges just vote on the impact card in my second scenario on aff, and neg will just be a lot of T. UIL loves that shit fam.

yo I'm in 5A, my competition is just Lindale. I just need to avoid being bottom seed and I'm golden. I'm hoping all the traditional judges just vote on the impact card in my second scenario on aff, and neg will just be a lot of T. UIL loves that shit fam.

But lasa

i heard bowie knocked out somebody and qualled. also hendrickson pw. also lasa and lindale are gnna win it all. McWhorter and Wyatt are super fking good now so watch out for them.

Edited by CoolioBrah

i heard bowie knocked out somebody and qualled. also hendrickson pw. also lasa and lindale are gnna win it all. McWhorter and Wyatt are super fking good now so watch out for them.

I hope you are right. They were pretty good competition last time we debated, and +1 that I got scouted by Kate Richey from Texas that round.

Edit: worth mentioning that Hendrickson is a 6A team.

Edited by SpontaneousCombustion

I hope you are right. They were pretty good competition last time we debated, and +1 that I got scouted by Kate Richey from Texas that round.

Edit: worth mentioning that Hendrickson is a 6A team.

why does 6a matter

why does 6a matter

Because this is a UIL thread. 6A schools debate in 6A division, while 5A schools only debate other 5A schools in 5A division. Therefor, Hendrickson could be the best team in Texas and they would still never affect LASA's chance, Lindale's chance, or my chance of breaking and succeeding in elims. 

Are you from outside of Texas, or are you at a private school such as Greenhill?

Looks like I'll be judging for the tournament this year - at least, on the 1A-3A days. 4A-6A remains to be seen. Maybe I'll see some of you around?

Edited by CynicClinic

The better question is why wouldn't they

School admins and board members think UIL is important. Gotta sell your soul in some stock debates in order to get funding for bid tournaments.

• Upvote 1

School admins and board members think UIL is important. Gotta sell your soul in some stock debates in order to get funding for bid tournaments.

That's the only valid defense imo

• Downvote 1