I'm having some trouble answering trade off disadvantages on the climate cooperation aff any answers that sound particularly strong in response to things like the India DA, Japan DA, etc?

N/U on Japan and India thanks to Trump. He's straight up said he wants Japan to get nukes and that phone call to Pakistan was just... wow. It's like he's spefically trying to invalidate DAs. Also climate coop now.

It's also difficult to think of a country that doesn't think climate change is a serious problem (or at least ones to have a DA about). "Japan h8s warming" would be a pretty compelling link turn.

Also in the link department, I seriously doubt any country hates China because of their climate programs. Your aff doesn't change U.S. military posturing at all, so I feel like most countries won't care about the plan.

• Upvote 1

I run and go for the Japan DA more than anything else. You wanna go hardest for the internal link. There are a bunch of good cards that talk about Japan not prolifing and even if they do, it's not gonna lead to war.

Of course you wanna make a n/u argument as well, but people will get around that by claiming brink. So i say focus on the internal link story because let's be honest, the story of the disad is total BS on a common sense level. Japan is not gonna prolif if we engage in climate coop with china. And there's a lot of good evidence to back that up.