Nonegfiat

Who's gonna win the TOC?

MBA KR, Penninsula TW, or McDonough... Nobody is even close to them in skill and tech. Just saying that this is my opinion, and you're free to differ. 

Mehh idt there are untouchable, at best they are just substantially better than some teams. If anything, the amount of prep that people will spend on them usually balances it out. 

• Downvote 1

How did they get a 3-0 then? Shouldn't they have outweighed the turn?

dan's 2nr- procedural fairness and offense conceded and outweighs, they dont have a mechanism/way to solve their anti-blackness offense, we solve their education arguments with TVA, none of their offense is based on ability to read a plan or not, surveillance education good, specificity good, permutation is bad, fairness needs to be reciprocal, fairness is not norm setting- its a question of can we engage with the aff- limits are not racist- a set of constraints improves creativity

• Upvote 1

mba kr will drop in doubles, peninsula probably won't break. Why? People are tired of rich schools being successful. K debaters are gonna use that to their advantage, saying that voting for MBA and Peninsula is encouraging capitalism. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

mba kr will drop in doubles, peninsula probably won't break. Why? People are tired of rich schools being successful. K debaters are gonna use that to their advantage, saying that voting for MBA and Peninsula is encouraging capitalism. 

that's not really an argument

• Upvote 4

everybody encourages capitalism. Cap good

• Upvote 1

im rooting for georgetown day bs. Their Baudrillard shell was good enough to make mistake it for psychoanalysis (although that's probably simply not knowing what Baudarillard Ks are)

im rooting for georgetown day bs. Their Baudrillard shell was good enough to make mistake it for psychoanalysis (although that's probably simply not knowing what Baudarillard Ks are)

What

• Upvote 1

What

The Baudrillard shell that Georgetown Day BS reads is good enough to mistake for psychoanalysis, if viewed by someone not familiar with Baudrillard.

snapback.png

At UT Ezra and Mason dropped in semis to Heritage Hall, I think. Sodders and Saddiqi dropped to Lindale. Then Lindale took finals. Sodders and Saddiqi also dropped to them in bid round at UH, I know because it happened while I was a Churchill, my judge was Michaelson from Reagan and he was laughing about it in my round.

I mean KS is a very good team, it is Greenhill after all. I just think that their not really much better than the average NatCir team. Same goes for Highland Park CM and most of Grapevine's teams this year, all the usual suspects for TOC just aren't really making much of a showing. It's a good year for upstarts.

michael cerny is so underratedly good

Edited by jswegthefuture
  • Upvote 2

The Baudrillard shell that Georgetown Day BS reads is good enough to mistake for psychoanalysis, if viewed by someone not familiar with Baudrillard.

yes, I understand. That doesn't mean that their shell is good. Not saying it isn't, but if your ability to judge an argument is based on how a team (who for all I know is bad) responds to an argument, then buddy... your judgement is wrong

• Upvote 2

yes, I understand. That doesn't mean that their shell is good. Not saying it isn't, but if your ability to judge an argument is based on how a team (who for all I know is bad) responds to an argument, then buddy... your judgement is wrong

You asked "What", I'm simply clarifying what that meant :)

snapback.png

michael cerny is so underratedly good

Cerny is really good but Muse is eh. Like I said, all these people are better than me, I'm just viewing it as compared to the baseline for NatCir.

KS from greenhill for sure will place well.

Idk if Jesuit got a TOC bid, but those kids are annoying as hell.

LoRocco got his bids at Damus and MBA. 

LASA MS will lose simply because they'll run their K aff against a K team that decides to run T. At least that is my plan on debating them since they refuse to run Ks against anyone they think will run T.

MBA KR will probably lose earlier than y'all think, and so will Peninsula. Why? Because people expect them to win, and that pisses off the Afro Pessimists. McDonogh will drop which ever one wins when they hit in Quarters (don't know why, but I feel like MBA KR will hit Peninsula TW in quarters), but I think Lindale will then drop McDonogh in finals.

edited because I forgot how to complete a sentence coherently.

BUMP BECAUSE I WAS RIGHT ABOUT QUARTERS

Edited to specify what I was right about

Edited by CalculusBC

BUMP BECAUSE I WAS RIGHT ABOUT QUARTERS

Edited to specify what I was right about

What happened to Lindale tho? ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What happened to Lindale tho? ;)

Ronak has another year of debate and Jonas has a full ride for college debate  ;)

Ronak has another year of debate and Jonas has a full ride for college debate  ;)

im just messing with benny for his prediction. No disrespect to lindale-- they'd kick my ass any day in a round

im just messing with benny for his prediction. No disrespect to lindale-- they'd kick my ass any day in a round

i was just playing. in all honesty they screwed up their prefs, were sick before the tourney and didn't really have a coaching staff

• Upvote 2

Finals will be Peninsula vs McDonogh JN (again)

Peninsula will win (again)

Predictable outcome but at least raam tambae will finally win a championship

Finals will be Peninsula vs McDonogh JN (again)

Peninsula will win (again)

Predictable outcome but at least raam tambae will finally win a championship

I actually think New Trier has a decent shot against McDonogh. They've been stellar this tournament and when you get to late outrounds like this, all bets are off in terms of who's supposed to be the "better team"

i mean yeah, some teams have more experience in high pressure situations, but i don't think new trier is suffering from any lack of that

so i'm picking new trier. And yes, it's partly because I like to be different