Nonegfiat

Who's gonna win the TOC?

I'm at Georgetown Day! I didn't even know we had local tournaments...

Yupppppppp we do. It's called WACFL. The policy division is always tiny. Tell your school to go. We need more DC teams, its always just Oakton, McLean, and Broad Run. There's also a Washington UDL but my school doesn't go to those, because we just started a CX team this year and we had already been doing WACFL for PF so we just stuck with it.

Edit: sidwell and st johns are the only other DC teams besides us who go to WACFL, but they always do JV so I've never hit them.

Edited by Nonegfiat

I'm at Georgetown Day! I didn't even know we had local tournaments...

Im really happy to see another debater from my area on this site. I was just sitting back here with them talking about TX debate like yeah, can't relate. Not that our area is big for policy like texas is, but still, its super cool that you're local.

I'm on my phone right now but when I get home I'll PM you more comprehensive info about local tournaments. I will say that there's a very decent local PF scene, much more competitive than policy. Also yeah, I've been debating sidwell since year 1 when i did middle school parli. I feel you on that (hating them)

Also correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Little Rock Central CC have their two bids

They're sort of not debating as of recently; I think they had one bid though.

Also, the Jung sisters are almost definitely qual-ed by now and they're very good.

Edit: Didn't see Baudrillbabe's post, sorrrrry.

Edited by LeKritiker

Im really happy to see another debater from my area on this site. I was just sitting back here with them talking about TX debate like yeah, can't relate. Not that our area is big for policy like texas is, but still, its super cool that you're local.

You hurt me Ben, I thought we were buds.

Kidding. Is WACFL part of the Catholic Forensic League?

Honestly, I think I speak for the majority of the debate community by saying Jonas and Ronak are the worst debaters I have ever seen. Jonas is 6'3" and can't even dunk. How can we expect him to win the TOC, much less do well, when he can't close near the basket. Ronak, now, is even worse. Ronak Desai thought that the Salem Witch Trials happened in Salem, Oregon!! Plus, Ronak is a twin and thinks you are a twin if you are born in the same year as your sibling. All that being said, I think Jonas and Ronak will go 0-7 at the TOC, and Ronak will cry after the 3rd loss.

• Downvote 1

Honestly, I think I speak for the majority of the debate community by saying Jonas and Ronak are the worst debaters I have ever seen. Jonas is 6'3" and can't even dunk. How can we expect him to win the TOC, much less do well, when he can't close near the basket. Ronak, now, is even worse. Ronak Desai thought that the Salem Witch Trials happened in Salem, Oregon!! Plus, Ronak is a twin and thinks you are a twin if you are born in the same year as your sibling. All that being said, I think Jonas and Ronak will go 0-7 at the TOC, and Ronak will cry after the 3rd loss.

agreed. jobas couldn't answer a permutation if he tried

aren't you from Lindale

agreed. jobas couldn't answer a permutation if he tried

Jonas is that you

I mean either way I totally agree from what I hear Jonas is a loser who gets fouled for traveling every other play and Ronak doesn't even know what Cap is

edit: I didn't mean to actually defend Jonas and Ronak are both better than me I'm a total hack of an LDer who just happens to be better at theory than most so I just win off that who am I kidding i'm trash

Edited by AQuackDebater

From my personal experience, these young men will definitely put the L in Lindale. As I walk the halls of my school I'am greatly disgraced to catch even the slightest glance of their faces. (Especially the Indian one) My bet will be 1-5, they won't finish. Fact: In 2015 Ronak Desai quit basketball. In 2015 Ronak Desai also quit band. If I'm not mistaken I see a trend. According to the Wikipedia it takes 2 years for continues epidimous to take place. (Which is the law for trends to take place) Whenever Ronak is faced with continued failure he crumbles.

Don't even get me started with Jonas... nough said.

Edited by EdwardsB
  • Upvote 5

I'M DEAD LMAO, ROBERT PLEASE TONE DOWN THE SAVAGERY

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

From my personal experience, these young men will definitely put the L in Lindale.

"These young men" lol

The trolling on this thread is A+

I'm rooting for McDonogh not only because they are great people, but also because seeing a K Team win the TOC would be amazing. MBA KR, in my mind, is tied with Peninsula TW, and most of their face-offs have been very close. I would also think LASA MS has a shot at it, as they're very good and very smart debaters.

Some people that I feel, though likely will not win or final, have the potential to go deep/people need to look out for: South Eugene LS, Lindale DT, & Heritage Hall DV.

LOVE YOU 

edit: altho im still holding optimism to win :P

edit 2: who am i kidding we suK lol we can try tho

Edited by CapitalismIsNotCool

HA JOKES ON ALL OF YA'LL LITTLE ROCK WW COMES BACK TAKES THE W IN FINALS LIKE THEY TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE LAST YEAR

unironically though they totally should have imho, but just barely. also Payton debates at Baylor now and is the funniest damn judge I've ever had

Edited by AQuackDebater

HA JOKES ON ALL OF YA'LL LITTLE ROCK WW COMES BACK TAKES THE W IN FINALS LIKE THEY TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE LAST YEAR

unironically though they totally should have imho, but just barely. also Payton debates at Baylor now and is the funniest damn judge I've ever had

Which tournament did he judge you at

What'd they lose on? I was never able to watch their ToC round on Youtube

• Upvote 1

What'd they lose on? I was never able to watch their ToC round on Youtube

Yeah the video of their round is super poor quality. What happened in the round?

I think the most likely team to win the toc is MBA KR. Obviously the TOC is super unpredictable(more than your k aff), but the reason why I think MBA edges out all of the other teams is because of a few things. 1.) Prep- the school is MBA, duh, they can churn out affs with their 4 toc qualled teams. 2.) Caliber- top ranked- has won quite a few tournaments- BUT wins the tie breaker with peninsula tw because of the next thing. 3.) Squad heg- MBA has the unique ability of being able to hit each other in the outrounds of the TOC because frankly all their teams are super good. This means that they win that round(duh) BUT they get also get to prep for 2 hours with their coaches and their other toc qualled teams- who are prob cutting cards for them. Think about that. Lets say peninsula tw or some other top ranked team breaks a new aff, during that outround, mba can cut a well prepared strat to it. 

Also predicting teams like McDonogh will make it to deep outrounds.

Edited by CoolioBrah
  • Upvote 3

Dan Bannister went for framework.

Yeah and he dropped an Anti-Blackness turn on it. It's a great round, watch it, even with the bad quality video it's still a sight to behold

Yeah and he dropped an Anti-Blackness turn on it. It's a great round, watch it, even with the bad quality video it's still a sight to behold

I'll give it another try. Its just a shame because spreading is already hard to understand through video, and when I tried to watch that round it was just too hard to understand. Really only in the constructives though, so yeah I'll give it another shot

How did they get a 3-0 then? Shouldn't they have outweighed the turn?

I think the most likely team to win the toc is MBA KR. Obviously the TOC is super unpredictable(more than your k aff), but the reason why I think MBA edges out all of the other teams is because of a few things. 1.) Prep- the school is MBA, duh, they can churn out affs with their 4 toc qualled teams. 2.) Caliber- top ranked- has won quite a few tournaments- BUT wins the tie breaker with peninsula tw because of the next thing. 3.) Squad heg- MBA has the unique ability of being able to hit each other in the outrounds of the TOC because frankly all their teams are super good. This means that they win that round(duh) BUT they get also get to prep for 2 hours with their coaches and their other toc qualled teams- who are prob cutting cards for them. Think about that. Lets say peninsula tw or some other top ranked team breaks a new aff, during that outround, mba can cut a well prepared strat to it. 

Also predicting teams like McDonogh will make it to deep outrounds.

Yeah +1 to the squad heg point. They have 4 teams ranked in the coaches poll. That's just completely crazy. How is their program THAT good?