Nonegfiat

Who's gonna win the TOC?

Catch me in out rounds of the NDT one day, how about that?

See you in finals then Benny, it's a deal. 

Also is it 100% confirmed you and Alex are debating together?

See you in finals then Benny, it's a deal. 

Also is it 100% confirmed you and Alex are debating together?

I'll tell you in September when we actually figure out partnerships. UT is weird (it's fantastic).

I'll tell you in September when we actually figure out partnerships. UT is weird (it's fantastic).

Awesome. Good luck to ya'll, you'l kick ass. Is Saddiqi not going to UT?

I disagree that Ezra and Mason are the best debaters in Texas now. Definitively a top 3 Texas team, but you have Greenhill KS and Kinkaid BR. I don't think Lindale DT is particularly fantastic compared to any of those three teams. Having beaten them this year, they seem to collapse against new strategies which leads me to be inclined towards saying they won't win the TOC, or do well in elims at all because people will constantly be breaking new strats.

Did we forget about St. Marks..? they're ranked 13th (ahead of LASA and ahead of Kinkaid) and they don't even have any seniors on their team. their one junior just switches off between sophomores and now apparently has 6 bids and won westminster and got to semis of new trier

Edited by youdidntseeme

Did we forget about St. Marks..? they're ranked 13th (ahead of LASA and ahead of Kinkaid) and they don't even have any seniors on their team. their one junior just switches off between sophomores and now apparently has 6 bids and won westminster and got to semis of new trier

Fair enough.

St. Marks doesn't attend the TOC. I'm not sure why, but that's what Max Wang told me.

. he is a Sophmore the one that switches off. Wilson is. Edited by Morganfreeman

. he is a Sophmore the one that switches off. Wilson is.

None of them attend the TOC. I think it's a policy Mr. Mahoney implemented in post-Miles Era St. Marks.

None of them attend the TOC. I think it's a policy Mr. Mahoney implemented in post-Miles Era St. Marks.

Wait why aren't you going to colleyville

Wait why aren't you going to colleyville

Our Coach has health issues so we opted to drop from Colleyville and prepare for NSDA Quals next week.

Our Coach has health issues so we opted to drop from Colleyville and prepare for NSDA Quals next week.

Oh yeah Jp told me about that I hope he gets better

somehow i think a team from nowhere is going to come and win the TOC that nobody expects- people will prep notorious teams out to hell like MBA and Peninsula- but teams on the periphery or edge of consciousness- 2 bid teams or at large teams won't get very much attention and those are the people to watch out for- think along the lines of the 2014 polytechnic team that got beat in finals

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

somehow i think a team from nowhere is going to come and win the TOC that nobody expects- people will prep notorious teams out to hell like MBA and Peninsula- but teams on the periphery or edge of consciousness- 2 bid teams or at large teams won't get very much attention and those are the people to watch out for- think along the lines of the 2014 polytechnic team that got beat in finals

Centennial Kk and polytechnic AA in 2014 were both top tier teams though.

True. Harris is a fantastic debater and I wouldn't count them out, they just slipped my mind when replying. 

Edit: They don't go to the TOC, what am I saying.

Edited by DefendTheWall

Also, anyone have any guesses as to who wins TOC in LD? My bet is on Richard Cook from Strake Jesuit, but I'm rooting for my buddy Nelson Okunlola from Earl Warren even though it probably won't happen sadly. Also that Evan Engel dude from HW is pretty good.

It was at Gvine, which as someone has pointed out was before Lindale really started going this year, but I'm from Greenhill (which also explains why I brought up KS).

nope, Haaris Siddiqi is a junior at Ronald Reagan High School

Where talking about two different people, I'm talking about Harris Wilson from st marks

Also correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Little Rock Central CC have their two bids?

Nope. Plus, partner issues collapsed them. Little Rock Central JJ has a bid, and was in the bid round at Emory.

Oh damn well done Kyler. I'd have paid to see that round.

That was quite possibly the worst round we've been in for a while. We got waxed.

That was quite possibly the worst round we've been in for a while. We got waxed.

How so? What'd ya'll run?

It was at Gvine, which as someone has pointed out was before Lindale really started going this year, but I'm from Greenhill (which also explains why I brought up KS).

I gotcha. I wasn't trying to throw shade KS is a fantastic team much better than me, I was just saying what I thought.

Where talking about two different people, I'm talking about Harris Wilson from st marks

yeah... the original comment dealt with where Alex Sodder's partner (Haaris Siddiqi) was going to college. Haaris (not Harris, completely different people) is a junior. You came into this conversation very late and took our discussion out of context. Sorry for the confusion.