Nonegfiat

falun gong 1ac

hey all,

so I'm cutting a new aff, and unlike the biopower one from a few months ago, this one is actually going to be used (hopefully)

I want it to be a policy aff about Falun Gong persecution. What might be an ideal solvency mechanism?

The House has already condemned the abuse numerous times over the years, so the aff needs to be direct action rather than public condemnation. I've considered making it QPQ, whereby we do something bad to china if they don't cut out the abuse OR we agree to help them or do something good if they do. Would it be better to just advocate that the USFG engage/pressure china directly over the issue without a specific QPQ?

in terms of solvency/advantages, it might be hard to win that China stops all persecution, barring an extreme QPQ. So what would be a good way to go about a HR advantage? Also, for a second advantage, could there be any sort of IR benefits to taking a stronger stance on human rights? Like maybe US legitimacy increase or spillover or something?

Is this aff a good idea in the first place?

QPQ human rights Aff's link to so many Ks.

That's not a reason not to run an aff, you just have to get good answers

If the aff actually has a solvency advocate (which it sounds like it doesn't) then run it with whatever your source says to do. Otherwise there's a good chance you won't win solvency if you string multiple cards together that are barely related.

It's not a reason to not run an aff, its a reason to make it not QPQ.

If you have asolvency advocate then go you. I still can't find the uyghurs qpq...

Edited by SanjeevtheLDer