Nonegfiat

bigoted arguments

I've seen a lot of judges mention in their paradigms that they won't tolerate stuff like racism good and patriarchy good. Very reasonable, but I'm curious to know if anyone has actually seen those arguments being made. Like what was the context and what happened afterward?

• Upvote 1

"Islamaphobia good" was a pretty standard answer in Missouri last year

that's messed up. Judging by that and your signature, missouri must be a totally different environment b/c that would never ever fly in my area

• Upvote 1

Not sure how this came into happenings, but I've heard a story where a team read "slavery good because it made black people genetically superior and now they're more likely to be pro-athletes."

• Upvote 1

Not sure how this came into happenings, but I've heard a story where a team read "slavery good because it made black people genetically superior and now they're more likely to be pro-athletes."

So going by that logic we should just expand the USFGs current Eugenics programs (capitalism). Oh wait, that's what we do.

Edited by Carl

that's messed up. Judging by that and your signature, missouri must be a totally different environment b/c that would never ever fly in my area

Man Missouri is going to lose their minds when someone does a fem killjoy k or one of those types of k's.

I've seen a lot of judges mention in their paradigms that they won't tolerate stuff like racism good and patriarchy good. Very reasonable, but I'm curious to know if anyone has actually seen those arguments being made. Like what was the context and what happened afterward?

I mean I've voted up Schmitt turns for stuff like exclusion good and ontological agonism good. I judged novice at an Austin TFA tourney a while back, I think this was Bowie. The aff was like afro-pess fugitivity, and the neg ran FW, Cap, and a bunch of on case turns from like Hudson and Rasch for exclusion/antagonism good. It actually got to the point where the aff said "they're arguing that the eternally repeated genocide of blackness is good" and the 2NR just kind of said "yeah man extend the Rasch evidence they did a terrible job of addressing ontological death is great!" Not even kidding I signed the ballot right there. While that's a rather extreme example, there's a lot of evidence out there like that, look up some Schmitt/Rasch K files, they do a good job of that, and Mouffe writes a lot about agonism good as well.

I mean I've voted up Schmitt turns for stuff like exclusion good and ontological agonism good. I judged novice at an Austin TFA tourney a while back, I think this was Bowie. The aff was like afro-pess fugitivity, and the neg ran FW, Cap, and a bunch of on case turns from like Hudson and Rasch for exclusion/antagonism good. It actually got to the point where the aff said "they're arguing that the eternally repeated genocide of blackness is good" and the 2NR just kind of said "yeah man extend the Rasch evidence they did a terrible job of addressing ontological death is great!" Not even kidding I signed the ballot right there. While that's a rather extreme example, there's a lot of evidence out there like that, look up some Schmitt/Rasch K files, they do a good job of that, and Mouffe writes a lot about agonism good as well.

I feel like this is a very serious misreading of Schmitt, not in your part but the way in which the debaters presented it 

I feel like this is a very serious misreading of Schmitt, not in your part but the way in which the debaters presented it 

Oh it absolutely was. Schmittian ethics doesn't ever say stuff like genocide good it just says the search for constant inclusion is bad because politics of utopia and whatnot. But like you can still do Schmitt turns on most -ism arguments. And the rounds was funny as hell.