lamarjenkins

Good K strats vs disease affs?

Besides death or some generic/misapplied security cards I don't have a good strategy for affs with disease impacts, what do yall reccomend? i normally read things like security or other reps Ks, but also some Nietzsche, so preferably something kind of in that realm.  

Not sure if this is in your realm, but last year on the surveillance topic, a CODIS aff that was basically about DNA gathering and such existed. But, I remember there was PIC as well as independent aff that only decreased the gathering of surveillance on black individuals - that created a "counter-gaze" which flipped the tide of anti-blackness.

Depending on the specifics of the aff, I think it could be utilized well on this topic again - in regard to your answer for disease affs. Then again, I'm not sure if you're interested in that type of argument.

As for white boy goo, I think a mixture between psycho and plague reps would be a good approach. So, the aff misunderstand anxieties surrounding disease and only reaffirms them. Then, add death drive alternative that embracing these sorts is key to solve the aff. I'm sure that would be simple to construct, but just a thought I would throw out.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You should also be able to get disease reps Ks from previous topics, if you wanted to add nuance or distinctions or perhaps a different alternative. 

Also a search of Cross-x for disease reps finds all this: https://www.cross-x.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

It appears there may be some evidence in there.  Not sure its in the file or not.

For instance this thread is definitely useful: https://www.cross-x.com/topic/58172-disease-reps-k-from-brag-lab/?hl=%2Bdisease+%2Breps&do=findComment&comment=908206

Edited by nathan_debate

Just saw this the other day while I was cutting some other stuff. I'll attach a pdf that has a link to a homelessness k. not sure if that's your thing but the link is basically disease reps are a hidden strategy to criminalize and demonize homeless populations (there's a section of the pdf titled: Demonization and Disease). As far as impacts and alts you could look at rowland hall or ck mcclatchy's aff from last year on the archived wiki. Might just be an original K idea. Hope this is helpful (please note: I could only upload the pages of the document related to disease because of length and size, therefor I'll put the cite I used so you can use that)

Randall Amster ‘03, is an author, activist, and educator in areas including peace, ecology, homelessness, and anarchism, “Patterns of Exclusion: Sanitizing Space, Criminalizing Homelessness,” Social Justice, Vol. 30, No. 1, Spring 2003, pages: 214-215, can be found through: https://www.questia.com/library/journal/1G1-108197671/patterns-of-exclusion-sanitizing-space-criminalizing, accessed: December 30, 2017, //SL

Patterns_of_exclusion__sanitiz.pdf

• Upvote 1

:)

Thanks. This is a really good file. Going to try it out this weekend on the one annoying team that runs a healthcare aff.

Thanks. This is a really good file. Going to try it out this weekend on the one annoying team that runs a healthcare aff.

It's just openevidence, but yeah, tell me how it goes.