ankitsachdeva

The Mac K?

I heard somewhere that someone won a round with the argument "macs are unfair and bad for debate"

does this exist?

I honestly have no idea if a Mac K exists outright, but did the story you heard perhaps mention anything about performative contradictions? One of the go-to examples for perfcon is a debater reading a Capitalism Kritik off of their MacBook - that may be what they were talking about.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I honestly have no idea if a Mac K exists outright, but did the story you heard perhaps mention anything about performative contradictions? One of the go-to examples for perfcon is a debater reading a Capitalism Kritik off of their MacBook - that may be what they were talking about.

I used to run this quite frequently, and still do if I have like 10 seconds left in the 2AC. It is always funny when the team that is clearly better off runs cap bad. I've seen teams that have laptops that cost more everything my partner and I brought to the tournament combined run cap bad. Honestly, there are some teams that own outfits that probably cost more than my car running cap bad.

My favorite CX question is "how much does the ballot cost?" and they usually ask me to clarify, so I respond "If you really want the ballot and economic redistribution, give us your laptop and we will concede." This CX period has only happened in my head unfortunately, but It's hilarious none the less.

• Upvote 3

I used to run this quite frequently, and still do if I have like 10 seconds left in the 2AC. It is always funny when the team that is clearly better off runs cap bad. I've seen teams that have laptops that cost more everything my partner and I brought to the tournament combined run cap bad. Honestly, there are some teams that own outfits that probably cost more than my car running cap bad.

My favorite CX question is "how much does the ballot cost?" and they usually ask me to clarify, so I respond "If you really want the ballot and economic redistribution, give us your laptop and we will concede." This CX period has only happened in my head unfortunately, but It's hilarious none the less.

Dude that's glorious.

That's awesome