Theinternallink

Debate laptops

I personally like the newer dells- they're cheap or average price (-$550)- they have large hard drives and storage, they're decently fast, reliable, and they're usable without being too heavy or bulky

• Upvote 1

I personally like the newer dells- they're cheap or average price (-$550)- they have large hard drives and storage, they're decently fast, reliable, and they're usable without being too heavy or bulky

If you are carrying your pc around a lot or traveling with it, I highly suggest something other than a dell. Great laptops, but they eat through motherboards so fast. A single drop (or even just small bumps that are inevitable with travel) can ruin the board because dell frames are so vulnerable. I loved my silver tv/ pc until two replacement boards cost almost the price of the pc (also around 500; 200 for a board).

I suggest an ASUS or another laptop brand for travel.

I use a gaming laptop (which may be a bit pricey for most I understand) but I use a MSI Ghost Pro 15.6 inch screen. The only real benefit to it is in round you can run more hardware intensive searches on your files if you need to find on case things. Oh and its under 4 pounds which is also nice. I do assume are much better options than shelling out $1500 for a lap top though. (I just needed a lap top that was some what comparable to my desk top for other reasons)

I spent $150 and got an acer. It's 11 inches and I have terrible vision so I tend to lean in which probably hurts my speaker points, but it gets the job done at the end of the day. The laptop does slow down when I have more documents, especially large master files, open, but that is because it only has 2GB of RAM. As I said, it was cheap so I didn't expect perfect anyway.

Yeah I prefer a bigger screen, I have a lenovo and the touch screen even while not using it still slows it down, I want a bigger one because my partner and i both have small ones with terrible battery, reliability and ease of access is pretty important to me. I thought about a gaming laptop but price is a huge factor, debate camp in itself is very pricey.

Thanks for the input and feel free to make any more suggestions

• Upvote 1

anywhere below 600- 700 would be a bit of a stretch atm

Okay.

I love shopping for electronics. Whilst making searches on Best Buy, Newegg, and amazon, I came across my personal laptop that I use for debate(http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/5579395.p?skuId=5579395).

9/10 - Would recommend.

Fast, reliable, adequate. I wouldn't say that it's built like a tank, but I can assure you it's durable. It fell a good 5 feet off of an impromptu laptop stand I had made out of binders(Iam stoopid).

I guess the only downside(I wouldn't call it a downside) is it might be a bit large for some people to handle, but if you don't have people crackin jokes("damn, somebody's compensating for something.") or throwin shade("you bought a big laptop to hide behind the fact ur trash at debate"), I think you should be alright.

It falls short by $100 of your maximum price, so I'll be back with another option soon.

Okay.

I love shopping for electronics. Whilst making searches on Best Buy, Newegg, and amazon, I came across my personal laptop that I use for debate(http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/5579395.p?skuId=5579395).

9/10 - Would recommend.

Fast, reliable, adequate. I wouldn't say that it's built like a tank, but I can assure you it's durable. It fell a good 5 feet off of an impromptu laptop stand I had made out of binders(Iam stoopid).

I guess the only downside(I wouldn't call it a downside) is it might be a bit large for some people to handle, but if you don't have people crackin jokes("damn, somebody's compensating for something.") or throwin shade("you bought a big laptop to hide behind the fact ur trash at debate"), I think you should be alright.

It falls short by $100 of your maximum price, so I'll be back with another option soon.

Hey man thanks for the help, it is all highly appreciated I looked into the dell and it looks like a viable option, love the analogyas well, lol 

• Upvote 1

Okay.

9/10 - Would recommend.

can confirm, i have this laptop and it's very reliable and affordable for the ram and hard drive size

Lmao my school issued everyone a chromebook and i must say that if anyone buys a chromebook for debate you are retarded

Lmao my school issued everyone a chromebook and i must say that if anyone buys a chromebook for debate you are retarded

Please refrain from ableist language. I understand the message you are trying to push to us, but the diction is awful. Using mental illness in a negative context gets you nowhere. There are plenty of other options, so why would you choose the R-word? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1