Nonegfiat

opensource cards from the wiki

hey everyone,

my partner and I are the first policy debaters ever from our school, and we seriously lack resources. outside of all the financial burdens associated with running a new debate program, between the two of us and our volunteer coach who has a life outside of debate, we do not have time to cut and highlight enough stuff to be adequately prepared for everything we might hit on our circuit.

as such, we rely pretty heavily on publicly available evidence from schools like MBA, LASA, and Shawnee Mission East that put all their stuff on the wiki, in full, highlighted and everything and it makes a huge difference for us, particularly in the areas of offcase blocks and case negs. I was wondering if anyone here knew any other good schools that publish full opensource documents? The more evidence we can get, the better

We do cut our own aff and our own offcase (which are as generic as generic can be), so we engage in the research/prep aspect of debate as much as we can, but there is a disparity between the ground we're capable of covering and what it takes to be set up for success. So any help would be much appreciated

Edited by Nonegfiat
  • Upvote 1

You'll find more opensource cards from the college policy wiki (NDCA OpenCaselist)- they won't be 100% usable on china topic but they're really good for beating climate affs- also if you want to get kritikal then you can grab stuff from there

also use openevidence site- sure they might be camp files but they're your best bet for china topic specific cards (they are a little old now but...)

Nice to see fellow roach! Some more schools...

South Eugene LS

Meadows BN

Westminister DH

others off the top of my head, none quite as good as LASA or MBA though.

To schools who opensource: Thank you so much please continue it really does help.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You'll find more opensource cards from the college policy wiki (NDCA OpenCaselist)- they won't be 100% usable on china topic but they're really good for beating climate affs- also if you want to get kritikal then you can grab stuff from there

also use openevidence site- sure they might be camp files but they're your best bet for china topic specific cards (they are a little old now but...)

thanks, ill definitely look at the college wiki. Are there any schools you recommend?

and yeah we do use openev, problem is most cards from most camps aren't highlighted. we do go through and highlight a lot of stuff but yeah

Nice to see fellow roach! Some more schools...

South Eugene LS

Meadows BN

Westminister DH

others off the top of my head, none quite as good as LASA or MBA though.

To schools who opensource: Thank you so much please continue it really does help.

Thanks!

And yeah, I want to stress how much I agree with your last point, schools that opensouce, thank you so much. For all the things that have happened in the debate community which create barriers to participation, the sharing of evidence has done a lot to make debate more accessible. Like seriously, without openev, the wiki, or opensource, my partner and i would not have a prayer of winning varsity rounds, and I'm sure the same is true for lots of other small teams

Edited by Nonegfiat

thanks, ill definitely look at the college wiki. Are there any schools you recommend?

and yeah we do use openev, problem is most cards from most camps aren't highlighted. we do go through and highlight a lot of stuff but yeah

lots of college teams opensource but just some to start with: baylor, UT, kansas, northwestern, georgetown, georgia, kentucky, cal berkeley, emory, harvard, michigan

Where are LASA and MBA at? I cant find them on the wiki

LASA = liberal arts and science academy

MBA = montgomery bell academy

as a side note, MBA is the school of who i consider to be the best high school team in the country-- rosenthal and kaplan